Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice on the area i'm staying?

Any advice on the area i'm staying?

We are staying in a Villa in the Davenport Area of Kissimmee. Can anyone tell me what the area is like, if theres any mcdonalds/fast food restraunts or walmarts about. Thanks alot!

Davenport covers a large area and there are plenty of shops and good places to eat, let us know which subdivision you are on and you will get much more info (the owner of the villa should have lost of info anyway).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LFCGeorge
    We are staying in a Villa in the Davenport Area of Kissimmee. Can anyone tell me what the area is like, if theres any mcdonalds/fast food restraunts or walmarts about. Thanks alot!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply im actually staying at Davenport Circle near Lake Cecile

Gold 5 Star Member
    We would need to know the community you are staying at as the road won't mean anything to most people.

Thanks for the quick reply im actually staying at Davenport Circle near Lake Cecile
    [/quote]

Davenport Circle near Lake Cecile, Kissimmee

I dont know what community this is

Presuming you booking direct with the owner, just ask them what the Subdivision is. If you booked from this site, then the details are on the owners advert.

Davenport Circle near Lake Cecile, Kissimmee

I dont know what community this is
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    George,
    I've found Davenport Circl on google maps see ... [website link edited]

You can zoom out or in and use street view to look around.
    I would exit and go west to N Poinciana Blvd and then turn right (north) all the way up to the end then left onto 535 upto the left turn on World Centre Drive and that will take you to Disney. Or you can go right on World Center Drive and the next left is I Drive.

So your not in a bad location for getting about.

What the area is like I dont know but use street view and see for yourself. I don't think that there are many facilities that are not a drive away.
    Your nearest WalMart is on 192. Turn Right from Davenport Circle along Siesta Lago Drive to 192, turn right (going south) just as you pass Medievil Times turn right and left and you are in WalMart car park.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DLB-GOUROCK
    George,
    I've found Davenport Circl on google maps see ... [website link edited]

You can zoom out or in and use street view to look around.
    I would exit and go west to N Poinciana Blvd and then turn right (north) all the way up to the end then left onto 535 upto the left turn on World Centre Drive and that will take you to Disney. Or you can go right on World Center Drive and the next left is I Drive.

So your not in a bad location for getting about.

What the area is like I dont know but use street view and see for yourself. I don't think that there are many facilities that are not a drive away.
    Your nearest WalMart is on 192. Turn Right from Davenport Circle along Siesta Lago Drive to 192, turn right (going south) just as you pass Medievil Times turn right and left and you are in WalMart car park.[/quote]Thanks alot david I never actually thought of using google street view this means I can look aroudn the area myself. I had a look around and the nearest walmart is about a 5 minute drive which is nice and handy to get groceries for the villa. Also I Drive is only about 25 minuets drive and we will definately be going to Universal Studios and IOF and probably Disney.

And yeah thats correct we are handy to alot of places so once again thanks David!!

Florida Junior
    looks like your slap bang in the middle of kissimmee. The 192 will offers many restaurants and shops to choose from.

Florida Chatterbox
    George,

I stayed in Lake Berkley a couple of years ago which is along the road a bit where I gave you directions to turn in by Medievil Times for WalMart. So although I don't know your location, we were very happy with the area.
    Some may say at the east end of 192 can be a bit doggy but you are still in a good spot and I think that they are talking about areas closer to Kissimme town itself.

From where we were it was about 15 min to Downtown Disney ( 8 miles according to Google Maps) and say 20 - 30 min to Universal depending on traffic.
    A tip is if you are going up I drive take the right turn just passed the Peabody hotel onto Pointe Plaza ave and then up Universal Blvd it comes out at Wet 'n' Wild, go straight over at the lights and over the flyover at I4 and you are at Universal. This can save a lot of time in traffic on the busy part of I Drive. (This route is approx 14 miles according to Google Maps)