Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: flying from scotland

Florida Chatterbox

flying from scotland

looking at flights for next aug (last two weeks) from scotland[msneek][msncry]what a price! anybody any tips airlines i could look at? or has anybody got a good deal, we can go mid week or weekend, does this make a difference?
    thanks
    donny

Gold 5 Star Member
    It does make a difference travelling mid week but as you say fares are so staggeringly high these days that the difference is hardly worth the bother.

It's a bit early to be thinking about flights for next August so my tip would be to hold back and wait to see if fares get better.

Florida Junior
    Most of the scheduled airlines do not release fares until 11 months from the return flight but it is worth starting to look around a couple of weeks prior as some do load fares a little earlier

Florida Chatterbox
    Try Virgin Atlantic as they operate from Glasgow direct to Orlando international - but only in the summer months so I presume August should be ok. We just used them two weeks ago and got flights for £430 each which was by far the best without all the hastle of changing flights.
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Although most of us would say 'this August' if we meant Aug 2010 and 'next August' for Aug 2011, I wonder if the OP is in fact talking about next month???

After all he is complaining about the high price when the prices are not yet available from the majority(all?) airlines for Aug 2011.

Incidentally the prices do seem to be very high at the moment - even next Jan/Feb seem to be around £450-£500

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

Incidentally the prices do seem to be very high at the moment - even next Jan/Feb seem to be around £450-£500[/quote]They're bargain fares these days Robert.[msnwink]

Hi all! I am new to this forum but am hoping someone has the answers to two questions. Has anyone travelled with Air France from Scotland? Are they reliable ....am worried as there are so many changes. We are planning last minute trip in October 2010 and the prices are skyhigh but Air France are the cheapest I can find, unless anyone knows better?