Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alamo - Toll Violations

Florida Chatterbox
    we were in florida in sept last year and one month after coming home we had a toll violation sent to us. we just paid it as it was 'only'! £10. we knew we had not passed through without paying, we even keep all our change near the end of our holiday for the next time. often when you first arrive you don't have any change. this was also alamo, a lot of 'just £10' could add up to a lot of money[msneek]

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LongLeaf
    Hello,

For people visiting often...

why not buying a sunpass transponder ? (cost is $25)

We have one and activate it when arriving.

the reload is automatic taken from our visa card

So we have no risk anymore [msncool]
    [/quote]

Where can we purchase this transpoder? We are only over once a year for 3 weeks but even so it doesn't really cost much so i might as well buy one.

Thanks
    John

Ps. I'm waiting for my violation I threw my money into the bucket and drove off....one of the coins must not have registered and I heard the alarm sound as I left....I did throw in the correct amount.
    JohnA

You can buy them in a few places but we got our transponder in Publix.
    Jim

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by GiZZeRR
    posted by LongLeaf[/i]

Where can we purchase this transpoder? We are only over once a year for 3 weeks but even so it doesn't really cost much so i might as well buy one.

Thanks
    John

[/quote]

Hi John,

We bought our Sumpass transponder at Walgreens - Regards
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3515.aspx[/url]
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3516.aspx[/url]

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the info jimiansville and longleaf, I will buy one next year.

JohnA

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We've had ours for about 7 or 8 years. So handy - means we don't have to sit in long lines to pay the toll! only thing to remember - it occasionally needs a new battery[msnembarrased] a couple of years ago I realised ours hadn't 'bleeped' when we went through the toll - then finally (after about the 3rd toll!) realised it wasn't working! Went to Walgreens - got a new battery and it's as good as new! Not bad - one battery in all those years, eh? Jean

Florida Chatterbox
    Jean,

Indeed they need a working battery...[8D][8D]

As our as a default and never beeps !!![xx(]
    Here is what we do to test it... the first toll we pass through the paying lane
    if the light turns green =&gt; the transponder is OK
    After that, you can follow your usage on the Sunpass website
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3515.aspx[/url]
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3516.aspx[/url]

Florida Junior
    Slightly different angle,..... we drove in the sunpass lane in error last month as we misunderstood that thought the toll was only payable by those exiting at the junction we were on, actually the exit was through the booth but hey ho...... we realised our mistake immediately (but too late to change lanes)

At the next booth we explained what had happened and the attendent gave us a card to fill in with the road, exit, car details etc which we filled in and mailed with a US cheque for $1 to cover the fee. And we thought that would be the end of it.

Today in the mail from Alamo is a letter advising our credit card is being charged with $11 to cover the missed fee $1 plus their admin fee of $10.

Wouldn't mind but the cheque for $1 was cashed on June 23rd?????????????

I have raised an appeal with Alamo .. what a farce!