Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highway 27 questions

Florida Junior

Highway 27 questions

Hi all, Many stunning homes now on highway 27 which I am considering but have they developed the supporting infrastructure as much as the 192 (shops, places to eat, little entertainment venues etc). or do you really have to head to the 192 still?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    There are many places on Higway 27 to eat and shop. These tend to be in small groups (known as shopping centers) rather than the entire length of the road. There is also the Posner Park center almost on the junction of the I4.
    Championsgate is also bery nearby with shops and restaurants.
    We spent 4 weeks at the villa last year and never needed to go to the 192 once.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    There are some shops and restaurants now on US27 as well so if you don't want to you don't have to go to the 192.

About 1.5 miles South of 192 on US27 is Berry Town Centre with a Publix, An Applbees restaurant and a couple of other shops and bars/restaurants.

About 1 Mile North of the 192 on US27 there is a Taco Bell, MacDonalds, Chilis, Wal Mart, Lowes and a little development called Four Corners.

I think there's more further south on US27 as well nearer to the I4 and CR54 but we didn't head down there. Posner Park i think it's called.

Florida Chatterbox
    The only things you need to travel to the 192 for are:

Gift Shops
    Wider Selection of restaurants

That's it, everything else can be found on the 27 just not as easily as they are in little pockets as mentioned above.

We stay at Highlands Reserve and if i'm honest we did go to the 192 quite a lot but mainly when we were passing on our way to the parks.
    Garry Pullan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Posner Park has a good mix with Ross, Belk, Best Buy, JC penney, Super Target, Michaels, Dollar Tree amongst others.

We only go to the 192 for a couple of our favourite eateries.
    To be honest one of our reasons for buying on Hway 27 was that it was promised that it would never be allowed to become another 192 or International Drive and loved the feeling more of getting away from the razzmatazz for a little while but being close enough when we need it.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Personally, we have stayed at both and I would chose the property off the 192 every time.

Most of the villas are far away enough to not be effected by the razzmatazz, but it is just sooo much more convenient for everything. Found the property of the 27 too far out for the places we wanted to go to (even though it was right at the end of the 192). We also found places of the I4 more easy to travel from.

I guess this is all a matter of opinion though!

As others have said, Highway 27 has lots of shops and places to eat. Near the junction of the 27 and 192 there is a Wal-Mart Supercentre and a number of places to eat. Further to the north there is a large shopping centre with department stores, cinema and restaurants etc. There is also Berry Town Centre on the 27 to the south of the 192 junction and a little further south there is the new shopping mall at Posner Park next to the intersection with the I4 which gives fast access to the beaches on the gulf to the west and Orlando and the Atlantic beaches to the east.
    Jim

Super Moderator
    South of the I4 on the US 27 are more communities which again are not that far away from facilities. Southern Dunes and Calabay Park at Tower Lakes are south look to be in the middle of nowehere and a long way from the parks. Travelling from those locations to most attractions is easy as it is via the I4 to the parks and for both the space and gulf coasts.

They are both well situated for shops with a Walmarts between the 2 communities, other supermarkets, restuarants including the very popular Manny's, hairdressers, bank and sundry other shops we even have the tax collector across the road! The town of Haines City is only a few miles down the road and also has Lake Eva a lovely park with a variety of activities - for those in the area on 30th July you can see Movies at the Pool and the film of choice is Jaws (just what you want to see when in a swimming pool!) There are 2 shopping malls nearby one already mentioned is Posner Park and in that area are more restuarants and shops and heading south is Eagle Ridge Mall which also has a cinema.

Eagle Ridge is close to Cypress Gardens which although closed at the moment is reopening late 2011 as the largest Legoland.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by FraserLynn
    Personally, we have stayed at both and I would chose the property off the 192 every time.

Most of the villas are far away enough to not be effected by the razzmatazz, but it is just sooo much more convenient for everything. Found the property of the 27 too far out for the places we wanted to go to (even though it was right at the end of the 192). We also found places of the I4 more easy to travel from.

I guess this is all a matter of opinion though!
    [/quote]

At the end of the day we are all right because it is our own personal opinions as to the places we want to visit most frequently and the sort of area we like. People will have different reasons for why they like one place over another. For us it is just as convenient as we spend as much time visiting more unusual parts of the area as we do the theme parks.

Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    My two penneth - US192 is so much better for eateries and things to do at night. It has almost everything I would say. But I don't like driving to Disney from the west end of 192. The traffic lights and congestion can be a monotonous pain.

US27 is so much less in your face and the end near marker 55 on I4 has lots of restaurants (Bob Evans, China Garden, Waffle House, Dennys, Wendys, MacDonalds, Highwayman (pub), Posner Park retail outlets). If you have a villa down this way, you jump on the I4 to get to the parks and that is normally much quicker (than west end of 192). Going north on the 27 frim I4 you get a Walgreens and a parade of food outlets (Beef O'Bradys, Chinese etc as I recall) before you get to Berry with Applebees, Linksters Tap Room, Indian Retaurant and Publix already mentioned. Another 5m north is where you hit the start of 192, with Cagans Crossing just north (Walmart, Chillis, KFC, Lowes, Taco Bell). You note I can name all these - on the 192 there are just too many!

I think they are both great villa locations and would happily rent at either. Personally, if I want 192 restaurants, I just swing by them on the way back from the park on the way home - but I'm biased as I have a house at West Stonebridge on the 27.

I also think US27 homes will be well positioned for the opening of Legoland next year.

Best
    Graeme