Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: First time renting.

First time renting.

Hello everyone,
    my family and i have been to florida before but i was a young boy when this happened and we stayed in disney music hotel, since we now have a few young children coming through the family we're looking to come again!
    this time we are looking to stay in a villa so we can have our own space.
    The main reason however is that we have around 16 altogether coming over.
    I was looking for some villas that can hold that many but am finding it hard, was just wondering if there was any companys who would do deals with us for 2 next to each other at good prices. we're not looking to come over until october 2013 but want to get it all sorted so we can sort out prices etc.
    Thanks in advance!

Florida Expert
    Owners on this site and not allowed to answer direct enquiries - you need to submit enquiries through the sites listed at the top of the page.

If you put in as a specific request that you need two large villas next, or near, to each other I am sure you will find there are plenty to choose from. It is not an unusual scenario.
    Clare R

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by samg753
    The main reason however is that we have around 16 altogether coming over.
    I was looking for some villas that can hold that many but am finding it hard, was just wondering if there was any companys who would do deals with us for 2 next to each other at good prices. [/quote]

I am not sure that you will find holiday companies will do a 'deal' for 2 villas side by side as they might well try and put it through as 2 bookings.

You are better off choosing your own villas as that way you will also have contact with the actual owner/owners who can help you with any questions and queries regarding the villas, best places to eat, quick routes to parks etc or anything else.

The links for the sites are:

http://www.orlandovillas.com/

http://www.villasflorida.com/

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

Happy viewing and have a great holiday

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Sam,

Just following on from Jill's post, it is hugely unlikely that a holiday company with be able to guarantee you two villas close together. They may tell you otherwise, but once you know how the system works you'll see why it is nigh on impossible to guarantee this.

When a holiday company books a villa they operate on what's called an allocate on arrival (AOA) system. What this means is that for most of the time they won't actually know which villa you are staying in until likely the day you arrive, or at best a couple of days in advance.

The reason for this is because almost all villas are privately owned. When a company comes to place a booking into a villa they first have to work around the desires of the villa owner. A good example would be where an owner decides to visit their villa - at that point it is almost certain that they will require their management company to move any bookings for the time they want to visit. No matter who has promised what further down the chain, there ain't no way they can guarantee it.

The good news is that you are at the right place. Most of the villa owners here know the owners of the villas closest to theirs - and they *can* guarantee that once you are booked the villa is yours. If you send an enquiry in via any of the above sites just state on the notes that you are looking for two villas side-by-side. You should get heaps of options.

Happy hunting [msnsmile2]
    Steve

Hi Sam, I have just done a quick search using the 3 links Jill has given you and there are several 7 bed villas which can accomodate 16 guests. I think it will be quite difficult to find 2 villas' next to each other, but you may find 2 in the same street. Several owners own more than 1 villa and may be in a position to offer you 2 villas' close to each other. I think you have quite a bit of searching to do, have fun.

Dave

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    A 7 bedroom villa may sleep 16 but that would normally be 7 bedrooms with 2 people in each and 2 people on a bed settee in the lounge - not very private. I think 2 x 4 bed villas close to each other would be a better option. I don't know how well you all get on but 16 people under one roof for 2 weeks could get a little fraught.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    We're going as a party of 11 next year and have booked 2 villas on the same estate (Tuscan Hills) seperately from 2 different owners.

We stayed in one of them last year ( a 4 bed that we'd probably all fit in but i don't want to be in the same house as my mother in law so we have a 3 bed one round the corner) and the other one is 2 streets away which is pretty close.

You're unlikely ever to get 2 next door to each other, but you may, like we have, get 2 very close to each other.

Florida Chatterbox
    I know of a great 4 bed and a 5 bed on Highlands Reserve Golf Community which are directly opposite each other.

Garry Pullan

Thankyou everyone for your input,
    i think we will have to go with the option of 2 villas as close as possible to each other then.

Thanks alot!

Sam

Gold 5 Star Member
    It works better that way often if you have lots of younger children as they can get overexcited with all being in one place and lots of running around and getting over the top. At least separating a bit also gives chance for children and adults to have some down time. Even families have difering parenting styles and it often falls to one person to be cooking, childminding etc.

I'd say as well with a party that size it may be worth looking at somewhere with some community facilities that you can congregate together such as a larger pool, tennis, basketball etc. You sound as though you lead a pretty active lifestyle so it gives you chance ot have somewhere close by to still keep fit. (If you have any energy left after the parks that is

The other advantage of booking smaller homes is that if your party size changes (in 3 years peoples circumstances may change and going isn't an optio) and may mean youu can then just cancel 1 instead of the rest of the party haveing to make up the shortfall in cost.
    Babblin Boo