Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update.. Questions that need to be answered.....

We too like the meat in Costco, but there is the problem of the huge packs. It is fine for us as we spend several weeks there, but for a guest who is only there for 2 weeks then the packs may just be too big.
    Publix is our favourite for food, Walmart is good, but it just takes too long to go around it for my liking so we don't go there very often if it purely food shopping.

Andrena

Florida Savvy
    Car rentals are on level one of MCO. Look for the lifts when you come off the monorail and out of arrivals and go directly to the bottom level. The cars are stored in the car park opposite. Have a nice trip.
    Karen

We need a bit more info here, Martin
    Where are you staying. For instance if it was on Sunset LAkes, you have Winn Dixie Supermarket less than a mile away, and a publix if you turn left or right onto 192,a Super Target and a walmart locally too. For me PUblix has the nicest food and cakes- those Deli Chicken tenders are to die for!!
    Car Hire, all level one apart from some Hertz -again, more info.....
    Footy boots- Prime Outlets, Premium Outlets- OR if she wants the latest, try Foot Locker, Champs, Finish Line in Florida Mall, or Sports Authority at the loop, or the Football Shop at Festival Bay [near Prime Outlets] Mall next to Outdoor World.
    Use a Sat Nav, and you will save loads of time!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
    Don't worry about finding out everything before you go, it will all fall into place when you get there - trust me, it does, and you will have great fun finding it all out.

Diane.
    [/quote]

I think that's great advice for someone new to Orlando. It's true, Orlando is a place that's really easy to get around and people feel 'at home' there very quickly.

To the original poster, if there is any info you've not received before you go, don't be afraid to 'suck it and see' when you get there.

I'll second the recommendation for Prime Outlets at the top of International Drive, although I made loads of purchases at Premium Outlets too.
    Tony G

Florida Newbie
    Hi everyone,

many thanks to all who have posted replies...

Susan J, in reply for more info,

I have a villa booked in Davenport (Sunridge), my car is booked but it is through a different site where you get a voucher emailed to you so it has not allocated a renatl firm yet...(need to ring them)..

Also ...whats the loop?...you mentioned in your post.
    Sat Nav all sorted out now....software installed.
    Martin

Florida Chatterbox
    Quick reference to the car hire, I am not sure about you won't find it cheaper anywhere else, as I have in the past, but I can give my backing to the fact that you will not get better customer service anywhere which rivals that of here on this site.

Any queiries that you have regarding your car hire are dealth with promptly and swiftly, before, during and after you hire.

For me, the appeal of hiring a car through Roger's site is that everything is prepaid, with no hidden extras.

Roger has always been fantastic at answering queries.

As I understand it, sometimes Roger is unable to offer bookings for some of the more 'niche' vehicles a rental company may offer (presumably because numbers of these vehicles are so low and I'd imagine the hire companies would want to make all these bookings directly). Otherwise, USCarHire service requires some beating.
    Tony G

Florida Expert
    We have tried to get cheaper car rental but can't so don't even bother looking any more; same with park tickets and as said before service is second to none

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    The Loop is on the corner of the John Young Parkway & W Osceola Parkway, as for tipping even when paying with credit card we always leave a cash tip.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    Shopping...
    Every major road will have supermarkets. Publix and Albertson's are the biggest. My preference is for Publix.

Shopping 2...
    There's a pretty big outlet mall on International Drive.

Car Hire...
    Follow signs to Car Rental and they'll get you where you need to be. Cars at MCO are picked up in the parking garage opposite the main terminal.

Tipping...
    15% is normal. 20% if you think they earned it.
    Many Brits think that tipping is only necessary if you've had outstanding service. Not true. If you don't tip you'll more than likely be followed out of the establishment and asked about the tip! Most US waiters and waitresses live on 'tips only'.

Enjoy Florida. With a car try and branch out a little. St Augustine is lovely. If you don't mind the drive, Key West is fun.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens