Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Villa/boat

Florida Junior

Villa/boat

Hi Folks,
    We are in Orlando at the moment and having a great time again, however I'm already thinking of 2011 [msnsmile2]

I'm thinking I might try the Gulf coast area next time and was wondering if any of you good folk could help me?

I would ideally like a villa on the water with it's own dock and boat so that we could pop out anytime and do a bit of fishing etc. Are there any villa owners here that rent out such a package or have done so before and could recommend someone before I start the task of hunting through the masses of rentals?

Thanks
    JohnA

Florida Expert
    A number of the Rotonda villas back onto water and many of them have docks. However none of the Rotonda canals have access to the Gulf.

Therefore during your search and 'specific requests' to villa owners ensure that you are asking for a 'villa on water with Gulf access'.

With regard to the fishing part of your question you can 'fish and release' in Rotonda and I am led to believe the canals are due to be filled with carp in the future.

Villas with boats may be possible but think a rarity and needless to say will come at a price.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    For boat rental, (if you are heading to the Cape Haze peninsular) I strongly recommend Gasparilla Marina on the Gasparilla Rd.

They give instruction on the do's & dont's, supply charts etc, coupled with newer well maintained boats.

For fishing if you are thinking of deep sea then going on a charter
    maybe the better option, licenses etc all supplied.

Rotonda West has a catch and release policy and there are owners with docks but as Clare has said we are land locked no Gulf Access.

You can also fish from the shore line but again a license is required. Most bait shops will be able to help with this.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think there are a couple of villas on this site with Gulf access although I don't think they come with a boat or a boat lift [8D]
    Ruth

You can do this in Cape Coral, I've come across a few of them, where you get a boat supplied.
    Tonish