Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dollar at Tampa

Florida Junior

Dollar at Tampa

Hi can anyone tell me if you are a dollar express holder do you have to queue in a separate line, like MCO or can you go straight to the car park and pick up from the kiosk ?
    Also is it easy to find the I4 from tampa airport and how long does it take to reach kissimmee.

We arrived at Tampa airport 3 weeks ago (wish we were back there!) and picking up the car was very easy. I am not sure about Dollar Express at Tampa as we were with Budget but there were not the huge queues that you sometimes get at MCO.

Timings are difficult to be exact with as it depends on the time of day and the traffic - Tampa can get very busy at peak times. Our home is approximately 70 miles from the airport but we are on Highway 27 at the junction with the 192. Kissimee would be a little further away, depending where your villa is - why not ask your villa owner to give you the distance?

The I-4 is very easy to find, and well signposted. These are the directions we used:

As you leave the airport

Follow the signs out of Tampa airport, heading north east on George J Bean Parkway, towards Airport Access Rd and look for the on-ramp to SR-60
    Follow the signs heading for I-275 and Downtown

About a mile after the on-ramp, merge onto Hwy-60 East (North Memorial Highway)
    Follow this road for another half mile and then you will merge onto the 1-275 North

Follow the I-275 N for about 5 miles and then at exit 45B join the I-4 East. It will be signposted for Orlando/I-4.

Hope you have a great time!
    ellie

We are Dollar Express holders and usually fly into Tampa. There is a Dollar Express line which you can use. I must say, though, there has never been more than 2 or 3 people in the other queue and I never have to wait more than 5 minutes.

I'm sure the Express card is great for Orlando but not really necessary for Tampa.

Bernadette