Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Update........What have I forgot?....

Florida Savvy
    An empty suitcase to hold all the stuff you'll be tempted to buy - we always take one and manage to fill it! And we play spot the Brits in Walmart at 10pm the night before their flight home buying extra luggage.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer
    An empty suitcase to hold all the stuff you'll be tempted to buy - we always take one and manage to fill it! And we play spot the Brits in Walmart at 10pm the night before their flight home buying extra luggage.

Sandra
    [/quote]

Not so easy now the major airlines have cut their allowance to 1 bag instead of 2. American carriers are often more generous now as, for example American Airlines hhand baggage is 18kgs/40lb so its almost the same as having 2 bags.
    Babblin Boo

You might want to double check any electricals that you may be taking (eg camera, cell-phone, game chargers, etc) to make sure that they take a 100-240v input.

You will need a travel adapter as well, although, I have found that Walmart sell really neat ones in Florida that are cuboid in shape and you then select the appropriate country. They take UK plugs and are better, IMHO, than the cylinder ones. The problem with the cylinder ones, I have found, are that if you need two or even three of the bits together they will hang out of the socket exposing bare live contacts.

(I hope that makes sense to someone!!)
    Euan

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
    You might want to double check any electricals that you may be taking (eg camera, cell-phone, game chargers, etc) to make sure that they take a 100-240v input.

You will need a travel adapter as well, although, I have found that Walmart sell really neat ones in Florida that are cuboid in shape and you then select the appropriate country. They take UK plugs and are better, IMHO, than the cylinder ones. The problem with the cylinder ones, I have found, are that if you need two or even three of the bits together they will hang out of the socket exposing bare live contacts.

(I hope that makes sense to someone!!)
    [/quote]

yes, to someone that had that problem in the past. When travelling we now take one square one and a UK wander lead which sits on the floor so we can charge more than one thing at once. We have been caught out before with needing to charge more than one camera battery at the same time and in the good old days they used to take longer to charge than they do now.

Florida Chatterbox
    Photocopy the back of any park tickets cos then if you lose them or leave them in fastp0ass machines etc they can be replaced. if you don't have the number they can't
    Alison

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    You should try barnies coffee. I have never bought anything else since trying that. I usually bring between 8-12lbs home with me.

Stunning coffee if you like flavoured coffee without that sticky yukky syrup stuff.
    [/quote]

were do I get that?

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by colinf
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    You should try barnies coffee. I have never bought anything else since trying that. I usually bring between 8-12lbs home with me.

Stunning coffee if you like flavoured coffee without that sticky yukky syrup stuff.
    [/quote]

were do I get that?
    [/quote]

The Loop - it is nice coffee

If you like having instant coffee- def take a jar of your own- most of the coffee I found was for coffee makers and not much choice of instant at all or was in very big jars.

Also the the tip -remember your swimming trunks- is a good one-I forgot to pack any for my husband when we went at easter!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    When you do a first shop, go to Dollar Tree and pick up things like coffee and any cleaning products you might want before you go to the supermarket. You can make quite a big saving as often in the supermarket although they are reasonably priced they are much bigger sizes than you will use so a lot will be wasted. Theres quite a good one at Posner Park.

I know when you pay a few thousand for your holiday then it is a bit academic if you save $50 on stuff like that but it might as well be in your pocket than in the supermarket profit or in the landfill.

Pack a few black sacks in your luggage for your trash instead of buying a roll of 50 or so.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Hi All,

Another few questions

Detergents...
    What do people do for washing powder?...We use certain branded washing powder over here but cannot find the equvilent brand over in Florida?...is it best to take our own..and if we do Pills or Powder?...

Also what sort of prices would we expect to pay for Milk, sugar, coffee, bread, or is there a website where we could find out these prices?...not for delivery but just as a comparison...(like Tesco online shopping)

Not long to go now.....8(weeks)

Cheers for your help everyone.

Martin

Martin