Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Changes in the past 5 years.

Florida Junior

Changes in the past 5 years.

Hi All,

Am thinking of going back to Florida in late April early May 2011. Have only been in August/Sept time before so new for us (Many thanks to those owners who have offered use of their homes ) I know that a lot will have changed in the past 6 years and many new things to see and do will have appeared, what are the main changes that that you all suggest we look out for. I know for example that the Visa system has changed and we can now register online for a waiver.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

The good news is that the new Harry Potter area has opened at Islands of Adventure. This is proving to be very popular.

There is a major new shopping area at Posner Park on the 27 near the junction with the I4.

There are many new restaurants but you will probably want more details about the ones near the villa where you will be staying.

May is a wonderful time to visit as the weather is lovely and warm but without the humidity of high summer.

I'm sure you will get lots of responses.

Have a wonderful time planning everything.

Lynne
    Lynne

On the shopping side, Premium Outlets has been expanded, and Prime Outlets at the top of International Drive has had a total makeover.

The new water park, Aquatica has opened, and there are new rides at Sea World and Universal. Also there new/revamped rides at some of the Disney Parks.

Orlando seems to continually evolve, so you will see many changes since your last visit.
    Graham

The I4 widening has finished and several additional roads completed, so driving is easy
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    ....and mostly all the roadworks on the 192 have been completed.
    Jean

Florida Expert
    And we now have more live football than they have in the UK! Great if, like me, your an ex-pat.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

So many things have changed.
    Most of the major parks have new rides. Lots of shopping area's have changed. Loads of different restraunts. You will see such an amazing change wherever you go.

Have a look at Disney on You tube and plan

[website link edited]

Val

Florida Savvy
    One of the things we noticed was International Drive used to be the place to visit and stay but it seems a little run down when we last visited which is a shame.
    VIOLET BARROW