Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flights for May 2011

Florida Chatterbox

Flights for May 2011

Hi all planning my trip for 6 of us for may next year, but the flights seem to have shot up from last year,

used virgin may last year for £380, now all i can see is flights for £500-600

do anyone know of any good deal/site for flights??

cheers in advance

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    When our new Chancellor puts even more tax on airline fares next week, we might all think that £500-£600 is a bargain.[msnsad]

Can't post links but the usual advice to look around, consider a connecting flight itinerary and to wait for the sales which will undoubtedly appear applies.

Good hunting!

Florida Chatterbox
    tax tax tax i forgot rip off britain once again

Yes Paul, wait for the sales to appear before booking. We tend to sign up with websites that track the fares which you can monitor with weekly or daily updates showing price changes.

Hope you have a great holiday next May!
    Jim

Florida Chatterbox
    any chance you could DM me the websites that you use??

cheers

To be honest, £500 - £600 seems absolutely reasonable to me at the minute. It looks like this price may be a bargain given what may happen in the budget. It's hard to see under £400 as sustainable in the current climate. I haven't paid that kind of price for years, although I'm stuck with school holiday time. I regard anything under £800 as a reasonable deal.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think we've seen the last of the sub-£400 fare whatever time of year we're talking about. Like Paul, my son has been trying to save some money by flying on a Charter outside school holidays next May but can't find anything below £500. I'd also regard anything below £500 as a bargain now.

To give some idea of how much taxes add to the fare, I just booked 2 return trips to Miami next year using BA miles. Even so, I had to pay almost £700 in taxes and charges (and I expect that to go up after Tuesday).

Florida Expert
    We booked out flights for October 2011 as soon as they went on sale on April 30th with Thomsons.

Newcastle to Sanford return was £608.98 then but is now £778.98.

We've paid almost exactly the same this time as we did when we booked for October 2009 which we also booked as soon as the flights came out in April 2008.

As you used Virgin lasst time, do you have any Virgin miles so you can do a miles plus money fare?
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Found Virgin miles plus money flights for £428 for this September. We're looking to go next September so we'll see what that brings once the Virgin flights are released this October.

Unless anyone has seen a better deal for Sept 2011 flights? We'll even try indirect this time if it means we can save on the single most expensive item for getting a Florida holiday.

Cheers
    Garry Pullan