Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Needs Florida!

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm afraid so. I don't think there were any dancers (apart from Sarah and Freya getting carried away to the music [msnwink]) but they did have very dim lighting and the male models on the door.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kateydoodles

really?! I must have just got lucky then! Did they have the dancers too? They're the part that wind me up the most!
    [/quote]

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
    A&F on the other hand is exactly as you have described. I went on the website today for the first time in ages and was shocked at how much the prices have risen. Is it the same over in the US or is it just in the UK?
    [/quote]

As far as I can tell it's mostly here- prices in the US seem to be staying pretty constant, though of course we're not getting such good value for money because of the £-$ rate. I can't say for certain though, because I haven't been in America since last summer. I'm going over in July though, so I'll let you know [msntongue]
    Kate.xo

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I'm with Sandra, lets keep our favourite US shops & eateries in the US. I have just come back from Spain and whilst there we visited Gibralter, I know Gib is British but I was surprised at how many of the shops were the same as ours, BHS. M&S, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Evans even Morrisons etc.... As a shopoholic I found it pretty boring, I would hate that to happen with my favourite shops in the US comming here, spoiling my shopping trips when in the US.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    I'm with Sandra, lets keep our favourite US shops & eateries in the US. I have just come back from Spain and whilst there we visited Gibralter, I know Gib is British but I was surprised at how many of the shops were the same as ours, BHS. M&S, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Evans even Morrisons etc.... As a shopoholic I found it pretty boring, I would hate that to happen with my favourite shops in the US comming here, spoiling my shopping trips when in the US.
    [/quote]

I think that ship sailed a long time ago Lyn. We could all easily compile a long list of US shops and eateries that are very well established here now.

To name just a few - Gap, DKNY, Polo Ralph Lauren, McDonalds, Krispy Creme, numerous pizza chains and just about every coffee shop on the high street these days have US origins and we can confidently expect to see more Taco Bells in the next couple of years. Mind you, that's the case in almost every shopping mall in any major city in the world.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Oh well I'll just have to become a hermit till I go to the states, just shopping at my local co-op, and eating out at the local pub.[msnwink]
    Lyn

Super Moderator
    Went to Lakeside yesterday as I wanted the pet shop so decided to visit Taco Bell. They are giving out menu booklets explaining the items on offer. At the moment the menu is not the same as in the States but they hope to have more choices later. We were at the till moaning about the lack of cheese bean burritos and one of the servers spoke up and asked if we were familiar with Taco Bell in the States. We got talking and she was one of the Americans who had come over the help with the launch. she said if we wanted items from the US menu then we could ask for them and they would make them. Andrew tried it out on his way home from work today and sure enough he got his favourite item off the menu.

Florida Savvy
    Jill, wish we'd read your post before we gave Taco Bell Lakeside a try yesterday. My hubby was also disappointed it wasn't the full menu so will try asking for his favourites next time. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed it. It was the kids' treat for good school reports, but just as much a treat for us!

Only 4 weeks to go till we can sample the real thing, though.

Sandra

Never been in Abercrombie and Fitch (although I've seen their name on sweatshirts - staff dancing upstairs?? male models on the door?? sounds fascinating), Hollister's (never heard of them until reading this thread) or eaten in Taco Bell.

So much to do, so little time before I hit 50... that cheese bean burrito sounds just like my kind of junk food!
    Tonish

Tonish, Abercrombie and Fitch is rather more suited to someone who is not close to hitting 50[msnwink][msnwink]

Sandra

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    Tonish, Abercrombie and Fitch is rather more suited to someone who is not close to hitting 50[msnwink][msnwink]

Sandra
    [/quote]

Well now I'm just depressed![msnsad]

I'm going anyway[}]
    Tonish