Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls Allowed......going home.

Girls Allowed......going home.

So here it is, our day of departure. [msnsad]I don’t actually mind going home from any holiday but I hate all the hanging around and wish I could just click my heels and be home........a bit like Dorothy.
    We got up, stripped the beds and put the sheets and pillowcases in to wash. We had breakfast and that finished, we emptied out the fridge and cleaned all the shelves, replacing anything that was unopened for the cleaners to take if they wished.
    I rescued my Snickers bar that I had bought on one of my early trips to Walmart and had never fancied eating. Why is it that when I am in Florida I can keep away from chocolate for days on end, but when I am at home I need it on a daily basis or else I go in to withdrawal!!? (As I am writng this back at home I can tell you that I scoffed it somewhere on the M25 between Gatwick and Heathrow!!)[easter1]
    When we had packed cleaned and tidied as much as we possibly could we went outside for a last few hours of sun, once again it was blisteringly hot and the pool was our lifesaver.[msncool]
    All too quickly it was time to go indoors and shower, then, the final pack of both the cases and the owners cupboard and it was time to leave.
    I had a couple of positive thoughts as we drove away. First it wouldn’t be too long before we return, God willing. Helen has already got her flights booked for October and February 2011, she is tied to school hols and books well in advance. I have to wait until David sorts out his work commitments but we are definitely planning a trip sometime in the autumn.[msnsmile]
    Second, when our guests arrive tomorrow they will be able to experience our house looking it’s best, what makes it even nicer is that they are returning guests having visited some 20 months ago they are coming back now and again in December.[msnsmile2]

As we turned on to the main road we had a few drops of rain on the windscreen, the first rain we have seen in over a week, and we experienced some heavy showers between leaving home and arriving at the airport. The lightening all around was spectacular although somewhat distracting when trying to drive.[msneek]
    We had checked in online and the queues at bag drop were short, we went to separate desks so as not to confuse the issue as I was flying to Gatwick and Helen to Manchester. Both flights were delayed, the Manchester flight by 45 min, mine by an hour and a half.
    As we passed through security I don’t know what made me ask, but I asked Helen if she had seen the desk agent remove her green visa waiver departure record. She hadn’t noticed and as a real worrier she had to check right away, what a good job she did as it was still in her passport!![msnoo] A bit of a panicker she thought she would have to go back to check in but I reassured her she could give it in at the gate which she did without comment. Our thoughts must have been with the passport as we manged to board the wrong train to the departure gates, it was only as we emerged to an unfamiliar departure lounge that I realised what we had done[msnembarrased] so we went right round to the other side and got back on the same train going back in the other direction I have to say, we weren't the only ones!![stupid2]
    Both being delayed we decided to have a late lunch / early dinner so that we could go straight to sleep on the plane. We got immediate seating at The Outback and Helen enjoyed a blue cheeseburger with fries whist I went for Alice Springs chicken with a loaded baked potato, it was good but somehow, eating it with a plastic knife and fork it doesn’t seem quite the same![msnsad]
    I went with Helen and waited for her flight and after she had boarded I made my way to my own gate and settled down for a long wait. Luckily my book is excellent and I have already finished the first 300 pages. Unfortunately it centres round a multiple pile up on the M4 somewhere around Swindon, a stretch of motorway I will no doubt have to drive on my journey home.[msnscared]
    I had chosen one of the seats at the back of the plane where the cabin narrows and there are only 2 seats.

Liz

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Brilliant yet again Liz [msnsmile] I hope you have now finished your book and are not suffering from jet-lag!
    Frances

Well, whoever found them boring shouldn't have kept reading [msnwink]
    As for myself, I took great pleasure reading your reports every day, thanks for sharing.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Bravo! A great end to a fab set of reports - thank you again for sharing!

Absolutely loved each and every report. Go back soon!

Sandra

Loved reading your reports!! Thanks for taking the time to write them.

Florida Expert
    Whata shame you are home,I shall miss the reports,the first thing I did was check for the latest one when I logged on! I know the plastic knife and fork senario well,we had it in April,we were not sure if the knife would touch the steak but it was no problem except I broke the fork!!

hurry back to Florida

Eric

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wonderful trip reports Liz, I have really enjoyed every minute of your holiday/owner jobs/shopping/restaurant and R & R trip.
    Thank you for letting us share it with you and Helen.

Hope you recover from jet-lag soon
    [msnsmile2]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Loved sharing your holiday with you, thanks for a very different but entertaining trip repot.

Diane.

thanks Liz, have thoroughly enjoyed every little detail of you trip report.... its been really entertaining... not at all boring!!!!
    looking forward to your next trip over... with much loves and thanks xxxxxxx
    Liesa