Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls Allowed......light at the endof the list!!

Girls Allowed......light at the endof the list!!

Today we decided to attack the jobs to do list and by the time we had done the tops of the cupboards, cleaned the silk plants, and tried to sort out the bedroom light switches the jobs to do list just read, paint the breakfast bar and paint marks in dining area!!! Hurray the end is in sight.
    The shopping list just read, clock for deck area and floral arrangement for master one! Why do we need a new floral arrangement? Because we have changed the bedding……..add to list, make up beds with new bedding and photograph for website!Just when we thought we were getting somewhere.[msnscared]
    We set to changing the bedding and were delighted with the results, both masters now have whole new look![msnsmile2] We might have a bit of explaining to do when we get home as this was an expense we had not budgeted for this trip and the Chancellor of the Exchequer (my BIL who does the books ) might ask us to explain ourselves.[msnoo]
    We then had to decide what to do with the old bedding, we decided to s c r a p one lot and save the other which was still in really good condition and was only recently dry cleaned. That mean’t packing it up in space bags and finding room to store it somewhere! A further rearrangement of the garage cupboard was called for.
    When this was all done we could see the end really was in sight. We will leave the painting until the day before we leave, that way we will not discover more marks just after we have put the paint away.[msneek]
    It was after 12 by the time we made it outside and it was really hot with unbroken sunshine, this is the fourth consecutive day we have seen no rain.[msncool] I managed to finish my book, brilliant, highly recommended, but I am amazed that I have only read one book, when we were here for 2 weeks in Feb I managed six! There again, I wasn’t writing a trip report on that occasion!![msnwink]

Later we headed down to The Mall at Millenia, and before anyone asks if I’ve won the lottery,[msnoo] we were only going to visit The Cheesecake Factory! We did meander around the mall and actually managed to spend some money! We both bought a card for my son and his wife who have moved in to a new home whilst we have been away. We also bought some decorative pot pourri for the villa. Last of the big spenders eh?[msnwink]
    We had to wait about 15 mins for a table by which time we were both ready to appreciate our dinner. I was already tucking in to the delicious warm bread by the time our appetizer of firecracker salmon was brought. Four spring rolls of fresh salmon, fresh red cabbage (Helen loves it, me? No thank you) and an innocent looking sauce with an after kick that had me reaching for the iced tea and draining it in one!![msneek]
    We both followed with a pasta dish each which was so big that we left as much as we managed to eat and boxed it up for tomorrow’s lunch! No room for cheesecake I’m afraid.[msnsad]
    We managed to get back home whilst it was still light which was something of a novelty.
    Something we we saw on our way home which we have never seen before but have seen twice on this trip was an unmarked police car,[msneek] this one looked for all the world like a regular 7 seater van, complete with God Bless America and support our troops stickers but the red and blue lights were flashing in the back and he had pulled over another vehicle, sneaky.[msnoo]
    The one we saw the other day was a small black Hyundai, weaving it’s way in and out of the traffic on Poinciana Boulevard. We commented on how he was speeding and how dangerously he was driving and when we saw the lights in the distance thought he had been stopped by the police, no, he was the police.[msnoo]

Take care on the roads everyone.[msnwink]

Liz

Another great report- I don't think you have owned a home as long as me, or you have more energy- nowadays,with painting, we just get decorators to do it for us its like the forth bridge ha ha

Gold 5 Star Member
    What's the book you recommend Liz. Goling away for a week in Torquay soon and need to buy a book to read in the sun (hopefully)!

You have a lot more energy than me Liz, though I admit to leaving the maintenance trips to husband!!

loving it once again Liz.... glad your able to sneak in a little *you* time.... itsreally nice to follow a villa owner, interesting to hear how you guys spend some of your time and then things you do to keep your holiday villas up to the great standards theyre in...
    keep it coming Liz... dnt want you to come home as its so interesting xxxxx thanks again xxx
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Have really enjoyed reading your trip report Liz, just makes me wish away the months til our trip in October! It's really interesting to read from a 'punter's' point of view! Thank you for brightening up my not so sunny days here in old Blighty!

Super Moderator
    If we go to the Cheesecake Factory I never manage to eat all my meal let alone a slice of cheesecake and always end up getting some'to go'.

Glad to see you are still enjoying yourself and having a relaxing break!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dbrook
    What's the book you recommend Liz. Goling away for a week in Torquay soon and need to buy a book to read in the sun (hopefully)!

You have a lot more energy than me Liz, though I admit to leaving the maintenance trips to husband!!
    [/quote]
    Hi Diane
    It was wild oats by veronica henry, an easy girly read with enough substance to stop it being drivel but not requiring too much concentration[msnwink]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Liz, I'll have a look for it. Won't have long periods at a time with 7 of us being on hol together, so will probably suit me!

Thanks for the trip reports[msnsmile2]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Great report as usual Liz.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Do you find though that just as you finish the list you start working on with with either jobs for next time or thinga to bring over with you?
    Babblin Boo