Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Can I make amendments to my booking?

Florida Newbie

Can I make amendments to my booking?

Guys,
    If I book the car today (with US Car Hire), can I add the option of child seat rental later? It’s just that I am still undecided if we are taking our own, renting them from Alamo or buying some from Walmart?
    Many thanks,
    Rog

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes of course you can. You can amend before you go.[msnsmile]
    Jan&Steve

Florida Newbie
    Many thanks!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    You haven't asked for an opinion but hey it's a forum![msnsmile2]

I would take my own-Ikea have a very handy,sturdy zip up bag-i think that it is designed for bedding- but 2 booster seats fit in very comfortably and most airlines don't count it against your allowance. renting is expensive and you don't know the history of the chair-has it been weakened in a previous accident etc?-if you buy from walmart then how do you get there from the airport and do you really want to be bothered with it all straight after your flight?

Just some thoughts

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    You haven't asked for an opinion but hey it's a forum![msnsmile2]

I would take my own-Ikea have a very handy,sturdy zip up bag-i think that it is designed for bedding- but 2 booster seats fit in very comfortably and most airlines don't count it against your allowance. renting is expensive and you don't know the history of the chair-has it been weakened in a previous accident etc?-if you buy from walmart then how do you get there from the airport and do you really want to be bothered with it all straight after your flight?

Just some thoughts
    [/quote]

Your views are really appreciated. We are spending the first three nights at the Animal Kingdom Resort, so will take the shuttle bus from the airport and collect the car from the Car Care Centre on the third day.

My options are as follows:
    1. Take our bulky ISOFIX car seats from the UK. I am not entirely sure if they will fit the US rental cars. I don't really fancy lugging them around when, especially when we get to Miami and have to take the shuttle bus from the Alamo location to the airport. We usually travel with 3 trollys, 2 screaming kids and 1 double stroller.

2. Rent them from Alamo - you have a very valid point re. prior history. Some of the seats we have been given in the past, and had to return, were shocking...

3. I leave the wife and kids at the resort and head to the nearest Walmart or Target.

1: Isofix - (called 'latch' in the 'states) should work in any car 'stateside.
    2: Rental car seats are dodgy at best....
    3: Probably your best option...........