Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !Girls Allowed.....at last some R&R

!Girls Allowed.....at last some R&R

Today, at last, we had decided NO JOBS!!
    Undoubtedly though there would still be a tweak here and a tweak there, and even before breakfast Helen was rubbing at a mark on the carpet with the spot spray!
    We have been leaving the spot spray and magic eraser on the side and attacking marks as we saw them.

It was a glorious morning [8D]and following tradition we took our early morning cuppa on to the deck, once again we reveled in the peace and quiet and as we do regularly we told ourselves how lucky we are to have our own little piece of Florida paradise…………….despite all the hard work and lack of a relaxing holiday. It was far too hot to sit out in thick toweling robes and we were soon forced inside to find some more suitable attire.
    Breakfast on the lanai and then we both settled ourselves on a lounger and relaxed, It was bliss. [msncool][msncool]The heat drove us into the pool on more than one occasion and I provided the entertainment by managing to tip myself off an inflatable and inelegantly in to the pool head first![msneek][msnembarrased]
    Reading,swimming and dozing passed a few hours and we decided against lunch in favour of an early doors dinner at Manny’s so kept ourselves going with iced coffee and fresh fruit.[msntongue]
    No thunderstorms or rain today and by 3pm we had, had enough sun so we went back inside to shower and get ready to go out.
    We arrived at Manny’s by 4.30 and although the place was already starting to fill there was no wait. I’m not a big lover of salad but the salad at Manny’s is my one exception and the warm rolls and cinnamon butter are so scrummy.[msntongue] By the time our appetizer arrived I was starting to regret ordering it as I was already feeling that I shouldn’t have eaten all the bread and salad![msnsad] We shared shrimp and crab au gratin which was truly delicious and both followed it with a small bacon wrapped filet and fries. I made only a small impression on the fries but I am proud to say I finished all the steak.[msnsmile2]
    We had finished our meal and were leaving the restaurant by 5.30.

Now those of you who know Manny’s will know of it’s close proximity to Walmart and it was inevitable that we would gravitate here after dinner.[msnwink] We needed new solar lights for the front of the villa, some new plastic dishes for dining out side…….although we didn’t actually find any we liked, a new dish in which to keep sugars, tea bags and coffee sachets that we leave for guests, we had a lovely one that matched the palm tree décor of our home, but it seems to have disappeared and the bright green plastic one that has taken it’s place doesn’t do it for me![msnsad]
    There were other bits and pieces we needed and once again we approached the checkout with three separate piles of shopping, thankfully this time our own personal bills weren’t too high, but the villa account took another battering.[msnoo]
    We called at Publix on the way home as we prefer their fresh produce and then returned to the villa for a glass of vino and to finish watching the dvd we fell asleep in the other night.
    We didn’t go to bed too late as we have plans for tomorrow!

Liz

Florida Expert
    We went to Manny's on our last trip over there in April, it was our first time there but not our last,as you say Liz the salad is something else,we had the mushrooms as an appetizer,I had far too many of them as by the time the steak came I was struggling to eat it.
    Were going back in November!
    Keep the reports coming please,really enjoying them all

Eric

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think all us owners and guests enjoy that first cuppa on the pool deak in the morning, it's bliss [msnsmile]
    Another great report Liz, I wish you were staying for a month [msnwink] I don't want your reports to end [msnsmile2]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

There's a thought... tell those hubbies you have to stay longer to keep writing reports for the forum!
    Caroline & Dave

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    There's a thought... tell those hubbies you have to stay longer to keep writing reports for the forum!

[/quote]Very funny - what an excellent idea

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynne S
    I think all us owners and guests enjoy that first cuppa on the pool deak in the morning, it's bliss [msnsmile]
    Another great report Liz, I wish you were staying for a month [msnwink] I don't want your reports to end [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

I uaually find I am sharing my early morning cuppa with overhead hot air balloonists. They are usually low enough near our house that they often wave and call out hello.
    Babblin Boo

We've had that too Steph, their route must bring them roughly up the 27 - one of our neighbours had them land by her poolscreen!
    Caroline & Dave

Oh to be sat on the deck in the sun - rather than trying to re install windows on this darn computer - grrrr[msnscared]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I just so love your reports, I'm with the others I think you should stay for at least a month, you will need the extra time for writing your trip reports.[msnsmile2]
    Lyn

loving reading this Liz.... i never sit outside alone to drink my tea always feel guilty... so just wait for someone else to get up before making one
    keep it coming and dont work to hard Liz.... how long you there for?
    Liesa