Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Emerald Island

Florida Newbie

Emerald Island

We are going to be staying at a villa in Emerald Island is this one a gated community if so do you know how you enter in and out of the community.
    Also does anybody know about the shuttle buses that are run from there like how often and until what time of day.[bowwave]
    Shazz

Florida Chatterbox
    On arrival you pick up a pass which you hang on your car, the man on the gate can see this when you drive up and he lets you in. Stayed there in oct last year[msnwink], fantastic place, great location, sorry don't know anything about a shuttle bus, are you not hiring a car?
    Donny

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for that Donny [msnsmile][msnsmile] Yes we will be having two minivans as there is 12 of us it was just incase somebody wanted to do their own thing.[drinkbeer]
    Shazz

Florida Expert
    It also depends on the time of day.

There is an electronic gate with a key code access number for times when there isn't a guard on duty at the gate.

Also, there is a second section of Emerald island which we've stayed at which is key code access at all times and doesn't have a guard at the gate.

Florida Expert
    you need to book a shuttle go into the clubhouse and enquire but I think you need to give them notice......
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza

There is an electronic gate with a key code access number for times when there isn't a guard on duty at the gate.

Also, there is a second section of Emerald island which we've stayed at which is key code access at all times and doesn't have a guard at the gate.

[/quote]

There is a gate guard at the entrance to the Pool Homes and clubhouse entrance 24/7. The Villas entrances which are outside the main entrance have coded gates.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Bazamor
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza

[/quote]

There is a gate guard at the entrance to the Pool Homes and clubhouse entrance 24/7. The Villas entrances which are outside the main entrance have coded gates.
    [/quote]I have to disagree with you there mind. We stayed in the phase 2 Town House development (you turn left before the main estate and there is a key code access but no gate house) and i wanted to go to the club house for some reason early one morning (approx 8AM) and couldn't because the gates were locked, there was no guard on duty on the gates and i only had the key code for the phase 2 town homes estate and there was no reply from the help buzzer on the key code access.

The gates are only manned from 9AM in the morning until some time late in the evning and definately aren't manned 24/7.

Having owned a home on Emerald Island since 2004 I can assure you after visiting 2or 3 times a year since i bought it ...it is. It may have been a one off.. the guard was maybe ill or gone for a pee but as i pay for it being manned 24/7 in my HOA dues i can assure you if it wasnt manned i would know.The Town homes on phase one and two are accessed by a coded gate as i said, the main entrance is manned.Always.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Bazamor
    Having owned a home on Emerald Island since 2004 I can assure you after visiting 2or 3 times a year since i bought it ...it is. It may have been a one off.. the guard was maybe ill or gone for a pee but as i pay for it being manned 24/7 in my HOA dues i can assure you if it wasnt manned i would know.The Town homes on phase one and two are accessed by a coded gate as i said, the main entrance is manned.Always.
    [/quote]Fair enough, as you say it must have been a one off, but the place was deserted and not manned with no one in sight. It was sometime between 8am and 8.30am, perhaps the guards were changing shift and one had left before his relief had arrived??

The changeover is 7 am so more likely he was in the bathroom. Having gone out at 5 am for golf and come in at 2 am after a night outon many occasions the gate has always been manned.[msnwink]