Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Car hire with Alamo

Florida Newbie

Car hire with Alamo

We have been looking into hiring a Dodge Caravan, i think it is called from Alamo, seems to be reasonable priced, also have a 10% off voucher

Just not sure how we stand if we haven't got a credit card to secure the deposit? We have debit cards? Is this going to be a problem for us.

Cazz

Administrator
    Debit card is usually fine. Note, often the discount vouchers are based on their regular direct rates, on the rental part of the total cost only. Then they sting you on the taxes, insurances and surcharges, so often you actually end up paying a lot more. I'm not saying this is definately the case with your voucher, but just making you aware so you can check.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Roger,

can you tell me then, what is the difference from hiring direct from someone like Alamo, or using the company on the site, uscarhire?
    Cazz

Administrator
    Mainly price and options, such as 2 drivers as standard on the Silver option for example. Plus when booked with us you do not have to pay taxes, insurances or other surcharges on collection of the car.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Roger can be more specific. But from what I have seen on the car hire company direct sites, is that the price of the car advertised is the base price, you then have the extra bits and pieces

Here is what you would normally pay extra for which is included in the hire from uscarhire

CDW, UNLIMITED MILEAGE, 1$MILLION USD LIABILITY COVER, SALES TAX, STATE TAX, UP TO 9 ADDITIONAL DRIVERS OVER AGE OF 25YRS, INITIAL TANK OF FUEL.(GOLD OPTION ONLY)
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for that, maybe i will be booking through here then instead, will be one thing less to worry about

How about the car seats, do you choose which type you need once at the pick up points! Are there the same laws in America as to which car seats you must have, like here in the uk?

Is it you that deals with the car hire Roger?
    Cazz

Florida Junior
    sorry to throw a cruve here but...having just rtn'd form orlando on the 15/06, I have some up-to-date info...
    The party was made up of:
    5 adults
    6 children (including 1 infant)

We ordered a 15 seater (with a request of the back row of seats being removed for space for luggage)
    We arrived and was presented with an E350 WITH THE BACK ROW STILL IN PLACE !!!

We asked the guy at the ALAMO desk if he could take it out, but he said he was unable due to rules and reg's. He asked us to try again to get everyone in with the luggage, but it was a no go. I rtn'd to him advising him this and he then gave us 2 x 7 seaters (Chrysler Town & Country) Got everything in with a bit of a squeeze but it gave us the space if people didn't want to do all the samething.
    My advise would be go for 2 cars..
    Hope this helps..