Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part 5 - Off to Florida, Sanibel Island.

Part 5 - Off to Florida, Sanibel Island.

Part 5 – Off to Florida.

Up early again[msnscared], after breakfast decided to have a walk around the block to stretch our legs before the flight. We went in the opposite direction to Times Square and discovered a Street Market setting up[msnsmile]. Unfortunately I didn’t have the camera with me so no pictures, sorry[msnsad]. The market looked very impressive, the roads had been closed off and it spread over around 3 blocks. from what I cold see there was several food stalls, fruit and smoothies, jewlery, leather belts and bags and a few cloth stalls. There was a lot of food under preparation and I was impressed with the clean and hygienic conditions in use for cooking[msnsmile2]. I would have loved to come back later in the day when it was in full swing, but alas we had a flight to catch[msncry].
    We were flying out of La Guardia airport, I didn’t realise how close we were only took about half an hour to get there. This is the first time I have ever seen dogs in a departure lounge!![msneek] We flew down to Fort Myers airport with Delta, a really busy flight but good service.[msntongue] Got in at 2.45, earlier than expected, there was only a few of us at the luggage carousel, everyone else had carry-ons. This got me thinking that perhaps I was missing something here.[msnscared] Off to car hire – again, no one else here, an advantage to using a smaller airpor[msnwink]t, but only a limited choice of cars.
    Once we got outside it was that beautiful blue sky with that big ball of Florida sun shinning down on us [msncool] – this was the part of the holiday I was looking forward too. After a brief stop at Walmart to stock up on supplies [msnwink] it was only a hop skip and jump to Sanibel Island. At home I hate supermarket shopping and even pay to have it delivered so I don’t have to go into store.[msnscared] However, there is something about Walmart that I really enjoy; I could wander around in there for hours – odd isn’t it? [msnembarrased]

Drove onto Sanibel no problem, the management company had left me instructions to find a lock box with a secret code to collect the keys for the condo. [msntongue] This was a bit like a car treasure hunt, but all went according to plan.

Got to Logger Head Cay and wow – the condo was beautiful,[msnsmile2] really well presented and very comfortable.

We knew that one of the other OV members was staying in the condo below us,[msnsmile] but we didn’t know what they looked like, we had plans to meet up whilst we were there. Our unit was on the 3rd floor, so we had to move all the luggage and shopping up in the lift then carry it down to our condo. At this point we were making quite a lot of noise and had the door propped open with a case of Budweiser[msnwink], I was keeping my fingers crossed that we didn’t bump into him at this point and for once it worked[msnscared]. A quick unpack, beer in the fridge, tea in the oven, it was really nice to eat in after going out every night in New York. We decided to have a quick walk down to the beach,[msncool] only to find out later that the other OV member was sat on his balcony and saw us wandering around exploring.[msnwink]

After the manic pace of the City it was really lovely to find the peace and tranquillity of the Island. I could feel myself relaxing already[msnsmile2]. Wandered back to eat, open the beer and snooze on the sofa in perfect peace and quiet, not a car horn or siren to
    Diane.

Sounds like bliss Diane, but then anywhere is quieter than New York, have a peaceful and relaxing break [msncool]
    Wendy

Super Moderator
    Have enjoyed reading about your trip to New York. The pictures of the beach look very inviting - enjoy your stay in Florida

We had a guest who was in our villa they were from Germany and they drove to Sancibel to the same apartments b;ocks and he said it was lovely as i can see from your photos and it had the wow factor now i know why he said it
    Enjoy your stay and put some more photos on later .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Have a great stay in Florida
    Tracy

Looks gorgeous, went to Sanibel about 15 years ago and loved it![msnsmile2]
    Have a great stay [msnsmile]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wonderful photos Diane, I think both Sanibel & Captiva Islands are stunning.
    Looking forward to your next part [msnsmile2]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Still enjoying your trip report Diane, its really interesting.... photos are lovely keep them coming please and enjoy your holiday xxx
    Liesa

That's a great looking Condo, Diane. Hope you really enjoy it, I must check it out when we go there next month.
    Tonish

Florida Savvy
    Oh wow, these are beautiful photos very different to New York I'm sure!!!
    Kate.xo