Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Opening...

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    we will be out next Friday ,[msncool]
    so hoping to take a look before coming home on the 26th
    we have my daughters friend coming with us this time ,
    she has never been to Florida so need to show her all the sites [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Gail

Florida Junior
    We were lucky enough to try out the new rides on Tuesday when they opened the Harry Potter area for a short while. It was great!

Have done Dueling dragons before but the kids loved the Hogwarts express and the brand new ride is ace!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    noodler did you get to do the forbidden journey? If so what was it like? [:O]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by noodler
    We were lucky enough to try out the new rides on Tuesday when they opened the Harry Potter area for a short while. It was great!

Have done Dueling dragons before but the kids loved the Hogwarts express and the brand new ride is ace!

[/quote]

Did you manage to get any photo's?
    Chris

Florida Junior
    We didn't take any pictures of the inside of the forbidden journey, we took some of the outside of the HP area which show the train and another shot with Hogwarts in the background. We will try to upload them when we return to the UK in a weeks time.

On the forbidden journey you walk through the inside to queue and the inside has talking pictures and also Dumbledore and Harry, Hermione and Ron who appear to be there. Lots of Harry Potter things inside as you walk round to keep you entertained whilst you wait.

On the ride itself you access it via a moving platform, you get strapped into a single seat in a row of 4 and these are moved around the ride, its a bit like the effects of Soarin/Simpsons if youve done those rides in that there is a film around you which make you feel as though you are part of the action. The motion itself is very good and you move all around whilst strapped in ie you are facing up to the ceiling at one point, the facing down. You get moved around a lot

The are also some special effects such as fog and other things but I don't want to spoil it too much for those who will enjoy the ride in the future. Well worth a visit.

The minimum height is 48" so we only just got my 7 year old on.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We did a day at HP Sunday...I was not sure about the ride hubby talked me into it..as a few here know I had a broken neck 21 years ago.. I also have a lower back problem after a hospital mistake at the birth of my daughter 29 years ago..I have bad vertigo from a childhood illness...so I'm a good ride testers..
    People with lower back problems..well I had no trouble I found the seat very good for the most part..a little slipping on the second go..but not enough to not go on the ride..

Neck trouble..to be honest I would not go on if its something you have ..I found it made my neck a little hot a sure sign to me that all is not well..no real support for the head and neck..it would not stop me from riding it again..but no more than once a visit as someone who went on BTTF and the new Simpsons time after time with no trouble..I found this ride a little to much at times..

Vertigo..first ride no problem..keep your eye on the centre of the action and all is well..I did look around on the later ride..DON'T if you have any hight problems..

All in all the first ride was great..the second not so..they are still in test it broke down a few times..the walk itself is the best bit..the ride again I did hope for something more for kids..could be a bit scary..the models in the ride a lot better than the film part which could make people travel sick..its a bit like Spiderman a small roller-coaster and Soarin'...
    Hope that helps people work out if they'll give it a go ...I would try it once if you have gone on most other none roller coaster rides..

So looking forward to visiting the New Harry Potter attraction but had this photo of the crowds yesterday and the 16 hour wait. Think it will be at least 2011 before I venture there.

Val

Gold 5 Star Member
    Disney princess we fly from Heathrow but flying into Miami this year as our villa is booked out until 18th and so we are staying in Fort Lauderdale for some lazy days on the beach. Not long to go now[party1]
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Not long at all now! Needless to say my countdown has already started [clap]

We got in on Tuesday and loved it. You have to leave your bags in a locker, so none of us had our cameras, but I am sure you could take a small one on there. The queue was the best bit, the inside of the castle is fab.
    Shirley