Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Continental LHR to EWR

Florida Newbie

Continental LHR to EWR

Hi all,

Just quickly, we're doing LHR to EWR and then onto Orlando. Was looking at our flight details yesterday and according to the info we're flying over on a 757-200. Is it me or is this a fairly dinky plane [msnscared]

I was expecting something a bit bigger. We've just flown back from Majorca on a 757!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Essentially it will be the same as the 757 from Majorca i.e. single isle with a 3 x 3 seat configuration in coach and 2 x 2 in business.

The 757 is now used extensively by airlines from Europe to the East coast of USA.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Dinky
    Hi all,

Just quickly, we're doing LHR to EWR and then onto Orlando. Was looking at our flight details yesterday and according to the info we're flying over on a 757-200. Is it me or is this a fairly dinky plane [msnscared]

I was expecting something a bit bigger. We've just flown back from Majorca on a 757!!![/quote]Won't a 'dinky' plane suit you perfectly?[msnwink]

I find them just about tolerable on a daytime outbound but I'm not a fan on an overnight return. For me, the 'slaveship' configuration just isn't suitable for long trips like these.

Florida Newbie
    Yes it'll be fine for me but not so good for the other half who isnt so vertically challenged!! See, sometimes being iccle has its advantages.

Thanks so much for confirming that. Its a bit of a bummer but Im glad its on the way there when I'll be too excited about arriving at my fave destination to moan about how squished we are[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Thanks so much for confirming that. Its a bit of a bummer but Im glad its on the way there when I'll be too excited about arriving at my fave destination to moan about how squished we are[/quote]

I suspect that the 757s with a scheduled airline will have more legroom(seat pitch) than the majority of airlines that fly 757's to Majorca.

If you look at 'seatguru' (mustn't give link) you will get an idea. The biggest problem is when the cabin staff are serving to get past trolley to toilets etc.

Florida Newbie
    Oh thanks for that - I didnt even think about checking that out!