Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Car Hire Silver hire. Alamo took another $90 !

Florida Newbie

US Car Hire Silver hire. Alamo took another $90 !

Just recieved my credit card statement and found Alamo have taken an unauthorised $90.24 from my account.

I hired a 7-seater SUV from US-Car hire after reading the reports on here, took the `Silver Inclusive` package. Paid in full in March, then find Alamo have taken more money.

Obviously I`ve emailed US-Car hire, but wondered if anyone else had had this happen and why ?

Its a shame, the service in the US was great, but this has left me unimpressed.

I`ll post back when I get more info.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Was the payment for the tank of fuel, because you do have to pay for this on Alamo Silver
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Hmmm, could be. I thought it was including a tank in the rental and took it back empty.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I thought petrol was only included in the Gold package, I'm sure Roger will help clear up your issue Nigel.

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Administrator
    Hi Nigel

As you collected from Orlando, your charge is the $12.50 customer facility charge, plus your tank of fuel as you were on the Silver option.

Both these items will be shown on your rental agreement (the paperwork you were given on collection of the car). If you want to scan and email it to us at info@uscarhire.co.uk then myself or Roulla will take a look to make sure you have not been charged for anything else.

Florida Newbie
    Roger,

That makes sense now.[msnembarrased]

I`d read the car came with a full tank and had to be returned empty, I didn`t put 2 & 2 together and realise that was for the first `full` tank.

Gold would have obviously been cheaper. Ah well [msnsad]

Florida Newbie
    Er, whats the `customer charge" of $12.50 ? I thought (apart from the fuel that I now realise wasn`t) that everything was `included`

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Genuinely ALL taxes, surcharges and Insurances included in our price, so no nasty surprises when you collect your car! (applies to age 25's or over, under 25's will be subject to additional surcharge).[/quote]

Administrator
    The $12.50 applies from Orlando MCO only. We show this on your quote when you booked, in our terms and conditions, as well as the following links if you want more information:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/CustomerFacilityCharges.aspx
    http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-inclusions.aspx#33

This is a charge made by the airport and was introduced in October 2008. For some reason Alamo and Dollar have not incorporated this in to thier inclusive rates as yet.

Florida Chatterbox
    I went for the silver option on my recent trip.
    The chap at the Dollar Express desk insisted that I had to pay 2 extra charges as well as the customer facility of $12.50.
    The first is listed as CONFEERECCHG 10% and the second was STATE TAX 6.5%.

He said that they were new charges which the government had recently introduced along with the customer facility.

Be interested to know if he was telling porkies.

Florida Newbie
    Roger, whilst I appreciate the fee is outside your control, it means the "Genuinely ALL taxes, surcharges and Insurances included in our price, so no nasty surprises when you collect your car! " isn`t exactly true is it.

Anyway, at least I know where the €90 is from, won`t make the mistake of going for Silver again.[msnsad]