Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: US Airways

Florida Junior

US Airways

Hi, I have booked with us airways to fly in october from gatwick to tampa via charlotte. My question is do us airways have seatback TV's with video on demand (ie a choice of films). I have asked us airways direct twice and each time have a different answer. One operator said no, the other yes. Has anyone who has flew with them some hands-on experience.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have used them several times and had some flights with TV's on demand and only once was a shared TV but we always enjoy the good service by US Airways
    Jan&Steve

I use them very often for domestic flights. They codeshare with Lufthansa and I like travelling to Orlando via Charlotte from Munich so our domestic leg is almost always with US Airways.

I would not use them by choice though...the flight is almost always delayed. Last time was about 2 weeks ago when they put too much fuel on the plane at Charlotte and we had to wait onboard for 1.5 hours whilst they took it off again. The one time I used them for a transatlantic flight it was a 5 hour delay in Munich. They are always apologetic, and they did put us up in a hotel when we missed our conenction on the transatlantic flight. But I would rank them as one of the worst US carriers I've used.
    Keith

We flew with them a few weeks ago and found them to be very good and had set back TV's on the transatlantic flight [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    Seat TV's on the Longhaul part of the flight, but going out one of ours didn't work and then on the way back the lady next to us hers didn't work.

The short flight there was no tvs at all.

No delays when we have used them.

We used them last year Manchester - Orlando and have booked twice for this year. Seat back TV's on transatlantic, but not on the internal leg. I was perfectly happy with them last year, good prices in comparison with others and going via Philadelphia seemed a much shorter journey than other non-direct routes I have travelled. Their first/business class is a bit dated, but relatively cheap as a consequence. We also found Philadelphia airport a better place to hang around than Atlanta for example, although long queue through security (but I guess you get that everywhere now).

Seat pitch is OK in economy, but width a bit tight. I would happily recommend them.
    Tonish

The transatlantic flight does have seat back TVs with video on demand. There's a really good choice. Entertainment information is listed for the current and next month on the US Airways website. Look for Travel Tools, then choose "in the air", and down near the bottom of the list is Entertainment.

The relevant section is the listings under "Video On Demand: Europe, Middle East & South America (A330 Envoy & Economy, B757 & B767 Envoy)"

When it's working it's a very good system, however it does seem a bit 'buggy', but this year all six of us had working systems both going to Philadelphia and returning home to Manchester.
    Dave.

Althought your not flying from Manchester (Which we always do), we have used them several times and they have always had TV's in the head rests. A very good selection also.