Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New English Bar at Champions Gate

New English Bar at Champions Gate

I was just in the Publix at Champions Gate, and I noticed there was a new English bar opened in the retail complex there. It's just around the corner from Publix, past the corner where the Pepperon' Pizzeria is, and next to where Blockbusters used to be. It's got a load of English flags outside so you can't miss it

I didn't notice the name, sorry. But they are advertising that they are showing the FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Portsmouth on Saturday, if anyone wants to watch Chelsea do the double (boo!!![msnmad])
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    It's the latest Sherlocks venture Keith. It's not a bar as such more of a cafe but they do serve alcohol. It gets very mixed reviews.
    CDV

That's the name! Thanks CDV...I've never seen one before so I didn't realise it was a chain. It seemed very 'amateurish' in set-up, which is why I assumed it was an expat trying his luck. It's obviously making use of a unit that is intended for retail use rather than bar use, but in any case, there was no-one in it except the barman.

It does seem to be in a very odd location, and I suspect it might not be there too long, but if you're in the area and want somewhere to watch the footy...
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is where the old creperie was.

Hope it gets more custom than La Crepe got, otherwise they will be out of business before long

Never seen anyone in it - even on the official opening day there was no one there at 2.00pm!!! Very strange set up and as CDV says, mixed reviews.

Sandra

Going to America, surely the point is to get away from English bars? I don't want to travel that distance to do something I can do at home any day of the week! When in Rome etc...
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Ironicaly Peter, there isn't really anything British about it!
    CDV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
    Going to America, surely the point is to get away from English bars? I don't want to travel that distance to do something I can do at home any day of the week! When in Rome etc...
    [/quote]
    I agree Tonish. But sometimes I want to watch the football. Not this time of course, as MU are not in it. But other times
    Keith

Keith, it is not actually a bar, it is more supposedly like a coffee shop/cafe during the day, and a wine bar at night. I would not say it was a bar to watch football in at all.

Sandra

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    Keith, it is not actually a bar, it is more supposedly like a coffee shop/cafe during the day, and a wine bar at night. I would not say it was a bar to watch football in at all.

Sandra
    [/quote]
    Hi SDJ, I know that, as I've been past it. However they are specifically advertising the FA Cup Final, which is why I mentioned it on this site, as some people like to watch the games whilst they are away.
    Keith