Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: ZENA'S TRIP DAY 4...ROSS & DOMINOES

Florida Chatterbox

ZENA'S TRIP DAY 4...ROSS & DOMINOES

Yesterday we met our American friends for dinner at Mimi's Kitchen.

The men arranged to play golf together today and we would all meet up at their house to play Mexican Train Dominoes.

As it was Tuesday us ladies went to the Loop. We went into Beds Bath and Beyond as my niece has asked us to find some sheets to fit her Ikea bed. I also want some pillows for our 6' bed, the ones I bought last year are too hard. Found some which I'm currently testing on our bed here before I pack them. Won't make that mistake again.

We then went into Ross, I'm going on a weekend cruise with my school friends in November and I need a posh frock. Spent hours searching and finally found a trouser suit. My sister searched for some 3/4 length trousers but no-one seems to have any. Can't work out why there's none in the shops.

We bought a Stouffers Lasagna to eat but it wasn't very nice.

We then drove to our friends house in Poincianna passing by Terra Verda (thought of you Liesa)

We had a very pleasant evening playing Dominoes. Years ago when they first suggested a dominoes evening our eyes crossed at the prospect. It's nothing like our version of Dominoes, we bought a set each to take home and started to teach the family how to play. I ordered more sets from Ebay to give as christmas presents. Everyone we've taught how to play enjoys it as much as we do. There are many ways to play it and the rules can be found on-line. My great nieces and nephews enjoy it to so it can't be bad. My niece plays it over 2 days so that the children don't get bored.

great idea Zena, nice to know you thought of me at Terra Verde.... soon be there!! whooo hooo cant wait!!

whats the weather like now???
    Liesa

I use a queen sized fitted sheet on an Ikea double bed. A bit loose in places, but tucks in ok
    Shirley

Did you try Kohl's when you were at the Loop?

I bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers there in Feb and was so pleased with them I went back and bought another 2! I left 2 in Florida and brought 2 home, I even wore one pair here last week when the weather was warmer [msnsmile2]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Kohls has my vote too, Liz!
    Did you know that if you register online they email you money off vouchers?

Florida Chatterbox
    We did think of Kohls for the posh frock search. As I found what I wanted in Ross and we were tired, we went back to the villa.
    At home I have hangers full of 3/4 trousers which I put away for the Winter. I found two pairs easily and thought why bother looking for more as the shops would have plenty!!!!

My niece has a 5' bed, we went for the sets with deeper sides. They've got to be better than what she is using at the moment. Everytime they move the sheets move with them.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We play Mexican Train Dominoes most Saturdays, having been introduced to it by friends who bought a set back from Florida. Like you when first invited to play thought, not sure this is my thing, but love it we are introducing it to our neighbours this evening. We always have such a laugh when playing.
    Lyn