Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Best use of Digital or Mobile Phone Cameras

Florida Chatterbox

Best use of Digital or Mobile Phone Cameras

I've put this on another forum, sorry if anyone has seen it before but I thought that it was good enough to put on here too.

Safety -

Just in case one of your kids goes AWOL in a theme park.

Take a photo of your little darlings just before you enter the park. A long shot head to toe and waist up.

Then should the worst happen you can show security what they were wearing, can make it easier to spot them if you actually know what they look like rather than a flaky description from an panicked mother (or frantic dad) who is trying to remember was it the yellow t-shirt or the blue one I put on them this morning just after they spilled orange juice as we were about to leave the villa.

Car Parks

How many times have you returned to the spot you parked the car and it’s not there? When you park up take a photo of the isle / lane marker and any distinguishing location feature. Then off you go to enjoy the day and when it’s time to go home don’t scratch your head, check your photos.

Anyone got any more good ideas?

Florida Expert
    That is such a good tip and so simple, thanks for posting
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    As my daughter is now 23 we don't do the photo on the day pics now but we do also photograph the luggage once it is packed and then should it go missing we have a pic to show exactly what it looked like.
    Babblin Boo

When hubby did the London Marathon and we went to watch, I wrote my mobile phone number on my kids arms in pen (on their hands it easily gets rubbed off) so if they got lost someone could phone me. Luckily it wasn't needed but made me feel abit happier about being out in London on my own with 3 kids!!
    Alison and Danny

Funny... I thought I was the only one who took a picture of my luggage before travelling (with an adult standing by, to get an idea of the size), and of my parking spot number. I guess I'm not the only one who had trouble describing her missing luggage at the airline counter after a 9 hours flight, or who wandered aimlessly in one of those huge american parking lots (think Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, looking for your average rental white Pontiac G6 [msncry]).

My own personal tip: if your luggage looks like everybody else's, tie a bright res/yellow/pink scarf on the handle: you'll recognize it more easily on the carrousel on arrival. Plus: last time BA "misplaced" our luggage, they told us it was those scarves that made them find them faster... we got them after 10 days, if not for the scarves, they probably would still be searching...

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:My own personal tip: if your luggage looks like everybody else's, tie a bright res/yellow/pink scarf on the handle: you'll recognize it more easily on the carrousel on arrival. Plus: last time BA "misplaced" our luggage, they told us it was those scarves that made them find them faster... we got them after 10 days, if not for the scarves, they probably would still be searching...[/quote]We do this too, and it makes everything so much quicker when you arrive! Our suitcases are fairly generic- black, medium size, wheels..and having red ribbons tied to them makes them so much easier to spot! It also makes them look nicer too! [msncool]
    Kate.xo

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I got some old birthday badges, decorated labels and put our mobile number on them, stuck them over the badges and pinned them on the t shirts. At 28 & 23 they think they no longer need them
    Lyn

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We do this too, and it makes everything so much quicker when you arrive! Our suitcases are fairly generic- black, medium size, wheels..and having red ribbons tied to them makes them so much easier to spot! It also makes them look nicer too! [msncool][/quote]Isn't it surprsing though how many people still take your bag off the carosel thinking it is theirs. I have very distinctive material tied to the handles, It is left over from making a summer dress many moons ago and not something you would just find on the high street but on our recent trip the bags were still collected by others- at least they put them back on the belt. Other people in the past have taken them off, decided they wern't theirs but then just left them beside the belt.
    Christine