Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CALPOL

I don't know how you call them in English, but my daughter, who's prone to ear infections too, has special ear plugs she wears when she goes swimming. When going to the ocean, where the waves can dislodge the plugs, she puts an elastic band (comes with the plugs) around her head that covers the ears. Hope I'm making myself clear here [msnembarrased]. I bought the whole package at the pharmacy.

Florida Expert
    Hiya Liesa, Long time since I have been on here. My daughter would not fly without earplanes now. I would also ask your doc if you can take some antibiotics with you just in case. I always take some for Lucy as she always gets an ear infection while on holiday. Hope you have a lovely time Liesa
    Nikki D

hiya Nikki have pm'd ya xx
    good to see you back xx

thanks all for your help, i saw on the orlando sentinental online reports today about recall of some of their kids medicine... so typical...lol will take plenty of calpol.... will stick some in each case....
    my daughter doesnt want to use earplanes on titch... she doesnt want to touch her ears... bit worried about the water side of it tho... maybe she will change her mind when we get there
    thanks again all xx
    Liesa

I took sachets with me.

Florida Savvy
    If you get really stuck over in Florida, but her earache isn't too bad, CVS Pharmacy are marvellous for prescribing medicines that can just help out until you get to a doctor. There's a pharmacist on until late.

If you need a doctor, not sure where you are staying, but there are reports of a particularly good one out on Highway 27 but sorry, can't remember the name. Perhaps someone else on the forum can give you directions or make a recommendation.
    Karen

Florida Expert
    We always get the below from Walmart Liesa. The kids prefer it to Calpol. They do a 2-11 year and 6-11 year version. We get the bubble gum version

We also get it shipped over from the US and Canada so that we do not run out over here!

Just to clarify, this is what the Walmart Pharmacist told us to give our daughter when she had an ear infection when we were getting married. It worked a treat! Acetaminpohen is Paracetamol. the americans call it differnt to the UK.
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey