Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CALPOL

CALPOL

Can anyone tell me what is equivalent to capol for 2 year olds in florida.... my grandaughter has yet another ear infection shouldve had grommets twice before now but cancelled on both occassions.... we will need medicine for her there such as calpol but not sure if we can carry in our hold luggage..... any advice please
    Liesa

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    You should be fine with a bottle of Calpol in your hold baggage.
    For the flight you can get little sachets of individual doses that should not cause security any distress.

If you need any over there I would just ask the pharmacist in somewhere like Walmart

We always take plenty of Calpol with us in various forms. Usually a bottle in the suit case plus the Fastmelts or sachets in the hand luggage.

ok thanks shes getting ear infections almost every two weeks now so a bit scary!![bowwave]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have bad ears too Liesa..we use children's Motrin for my grandson...always have great stuff..

Hi Liesa
    When we went in 2003 my youngest got an earache when we were out there and we ran out of the calpol sachets so the Chemist at Walgreens recommended Tylenol as the equivalent to Calpol and it worked just as well. I wouldn't have thought you would have trouble taking calpol in your hold luggage, we have to take lots of different prescription meds for my daughter's illness when we go and we have never had any trouble at customs and the like.
    Wendy

thanks for your help at least i know what we need to look for in the chemist... we never take little ones so never been a problem...but now there will be 6 aged 7 and under ..... i take over many meds and have had no probs even with bottles of oramorph... asked the pharmacist to put into a 100 ml bottle for the plane and another bigger one in the hold luggage
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Liesa
    I would also check with the doctor that your grandaughter is fit to fly as I understand flying with an ear infection could lead to burst ear drum or permanent damage. I know I've seen programmes like airline where someone wasnt able to come back from Spain for over 2 weeks because of ear infection.

My friend took her 1 year old grandaughter to Australia and on the return trip did not know she had an ear infection but couldnt understand why she was different on the trip home to the way out where she was very calm but on the way back she had trouble pacifying her. Only when she got home did she find out that she had an ear infection and was told that the baby was probably in severe pain on the way home even though she had given her Calpol thinking she may be teething.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks Steph, we saw the Dr this afternoon and her ear is red.... he has given 7 day course of antibiotics now so fingers crossed she will be well then... he has said shes ok to fly, hes listened to her chest and says shes to use an asthma pump for a while as she gets a bit chesty.. hence her grommet op was cancelled last week... so fingers crossed x now to find something to help her to chew etc for takeoff and landing... any thoughts anyone??
    Liesa

Does she still have a dummy or a bottle of drink, if so you could try that, I know my youngest still had a dummy at 2 years old, or any sweet that she would need to chew would do.
    Wendy