Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Car Rental In and Around Disney?

Florida Newbie

Car Rental In and Around Disney?

Hi All,

I am taking the family to Disney and will stay in a Disney resort for the first few nights, before going on to a villa in Davenport. We will end our trip in Miami, so will need to return the car there.

Can someone please recommend a rental company that will has a location in or near Disney? Who does the best deals?

Thanks in advance,
    Narinder

Why not take a look at www.uscarhire.co.uk? There is a link at the top of the page.

Their prices are excellent and their customer service superb. You can then check the prices of three car hire companies - Dollar, Alamo and Budget to see which you prefer. There is also a list of pick up points so you can decide which is nearest your hotel.
    ellie

Administrator
    If you choose Alamo from our site then they have a depot in Disney. It's called 'Disney Car Care' and is right at the entrance to Magic Kingdom. All cars other than Economy and 12 / 15 seaters can be collected there and dropped back off at Miami.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks guys - It looks as though Alamo is the way to go.

That said, the last time I booked with Alamo in Miami, I queued for almost 2 hours!!! Then they gave me two grubby old child seats and left me to figure out how to install them... Is collection at Disney a smoother process than this? Can someone assist with the child seat installation?

Many thanks.

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't follow my lead, but i always and never do hire car seats from the hire companies as not sure wat care they are in, and i never bring mine from the uk as you dont know how it is handle down in the hole. Because my flights are always in the evening, I get the wife to hold one kid on her lap, and my eldest one who is 15 have the other and drive to the villa.

The next morning I go to walmart and get booster or car seats, as at times they can work out to be cheaper than hiring. On return i try to take it back with me, if i can, if not i just give it to someone at airport.

It is a risk with car seat.

You could also collect the car yourself from the Disney collection point, and at some time drive to Walmart or Target and buy two carseats to take back to the hotel. If you look on the Walmart website, you will get an idea of price for the carseats.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Administrator
    There is not usually much of a queue at the Disney Car Care depot (airports are usually worse as large number of people arrive at the same time based on flight arrivals).

All the car rental companies generally have very dubious car seats as they are well worn (although should meet safety standards). You will always have to fit them yourself with little or no direction from the staff, as they don't want to risk any liability if you are involved in any sort of accident and a child is hurt. If they have fited the seat there is a risk that customers could point the finger at the rental company.