Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS IN FOOD STORES?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I like to pack my own bags..hubby always leaves something behind in a carousel..I don't like self checkout unless I have just one or two items

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    If Walmart wanted you to use your own bags they would have to make some alterations to there check outs, your own bags would probably not hang properly on there carousel. (You would also need a lot of bags if the cashier was packing them[msnsmile2])
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Here when you use your own bags you use self checkout..so you place your goods in your own bag after you scan them..the large trolley bags that fix onto the trolley are good.. but hard to find..I have bags from a lot of places you'd not expect like the Blues Bothers shop in Disney..I send them home to the UK as cheap gifts..

Florida Junior
    Posted by Dad's Taxi......"I like the carousel things they pack your groceries into the carrier bags on, then spin it round so you get a full bag (well, full-ish) to put into your trolley whilst they're filling the next bag. Very good idea."

I've never had a full bag yet, quite often they put two items in it and consider it full. Not exactly green.

Posted by Dad's Taxi......"What a pleasant change from UK supermarkets, where you have to pack your own bag"

To be fair, they do offer in the UK but I always decline. I'd rather do it myself. And the Walmart checkouts are much slower than in the UK.

Funny thing though, I'd still rather do my weekly shop there given the choice, even if it did take me a week.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I hope everyone remembers to wash their bags..a report out was saying about the bugs found in them..that they could be a problem to public health..

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I always use a non reusable bag for raw meat.
    Lyn