Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney follows Seaworld with free entry

Gold 5 Star Member

Disney follows Seaworld with free entry

From the Orlando Sentinel today.....

"Walt Disney World said this afternoon that it has decided to offer free admission to travelers stuck in Orlando, as flights to and from Europe continue to be canceled because of an erupting volcano in Iceland.

Disney said it will offer one-day park hoppers on both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. The complimentary passes will also include admission to Disney’s two water parks.

Guests seeking the ticket will have to show a canceled plane ticket or expired boarding pass and a photo ID. Disney says it will also waive its $14-per-day parking charge.

Disney follows SeaWorld Orlando, which began offering free tickets to stranded travelers on Sunday. The International Drive water park Wet ‘n Wild is also offering free admission."
    Rosie

That is good news Rosie, but many of us don't have boarding passes. I wonder if the original sheets I printed up with our flight details will be okay and if Universal are doing the same. I think a call to them tomorrow might be needed [msnsmile2]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Great. We've got expired boarding passes from last Friday so might pop along and enjoy Hollywood Studios tomorrow for a few hours [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Karen
    I would imagine when they say a cancelled plane ticket that they would mean a ticket for your original flight which has been cancelled so if for example you were due to fly on 19th then your existing ticket would be ok but if you were due to fly on say 23rd (Thurs)then they would not know if it had been cancelled. Just guessing from the expired boarding pass. If you hadnt got as far as check in before fligth was cancelled you may not have had a boarding pass issued.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    My son was not very happy when I told him about Seaworld offering free admission, he said why didn't we go at Easter mum!

How are you Karen?
    Jan&Steve

That is great news![clap]
    ellie

Thank you Rosie forward the info to my stranded guests [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

I heard Universal are also offering free addmission.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Just at Hollywood Srudios at the moment. It's the one day Ultimate ticket they are giving away for free [msnsmile]

Just to let you know we had a lovely day at Epcot and did Soarin and Test track which we have never done B4 We used our itinerary and that was fine. We spent about $80 or so on food and drink so Disney did okay out of us and have a very gratful family here. Thanks Rosie for the heads up [msnsmile2]

Off to bed now as just possibly our flights will be off tomorrow