Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something Different

Florida Junior

Something Different

Hi All

Dont usualy post on here but I have a request that someone may be able to answer.

My wife and I have been going to Florida for 5/6 years now and always stay in a villa at Westridge. This year we are going on our own as our daughter (who is 22 and studying for a doctorate in Psychology) cannot go.

My request is can someone recommend something different to do for 2 (50 something’s). We still like doing the theme parks but want to try something different.

In the past we have visited Miami, Cape Canaveral, Mount Dora, Clearwater, Winter Park, Bok Tower, All local shopping centres.

We will be in Orlando this year from Monday 4th October to Thursday 21st.

Any suggestions greatly accepted

St. Augustine is the oldest settlement in the US, is worth a wander & is an easy day out from Kissimmee. We drove overland there & returned via the coast road, turning inland at Daytona.
    Anna Maria is totally laid back & relaxing but not really a daytrip & we've never found digs there for less than 3 nights...
    Silver Springs is similar to Bok gardens-wise but has the novelty of glass-bottomed boat trips.
    Enjoy !!!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I would definitely recommend St Augustine as well-very different feel to it than Orlando lovely walks,lovely beach-shopping in "shops" as opposed to a mall-very nice!

Why not visit Blue Springs? Its a beautiful place to while away an afternoon, with a lovely boat trip down the river, lots of wildlife and a great picnic area.
    ellie

Daytona for a day also Treasure Island they are both good beaches and lots to see ,Also Old St Cloud has a man made beach and near to Kissimmee also Crabby Bills resturant is nice to eat outside or inside .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

The Villages
    They have dancing in the square every night
    Also some nice shops & resturants
    Carol

Florida Chatterbox
    I'd also recommend St Augustine but I'd spend a few days there as there is plenty to see. There are many Bed & Breakfasts to stay in and we stayed at the Penny Farthing Inn which is owned and run by a couple from the UK which I can highly recommend.

Lake Louise state park is a lovely place for a stroll.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    St Augustine is really nice I have heard, Fort Meyers
    Jan&Steve

I have sent you a list of national parks and other parks and attractions.
    Lynne