Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Prickly Heat

Prickly Heat

For all you prickly heat sufferers out there, I have so far not suffered this holiday and I usually get it really bad.

I started Non drowsy anti-hystimines(sorry bad spelling) two weeks before we left and have been using factor 30 Piz Buin once a day, (now down to factor 15 for my second week) Ok so I don't have the best tan but at least I can still go out in the sun without that painful prickling all over.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Gold 5 Star Member
    That's good Lynn at least youu have been able to enjoy your holiday. One thing I would say though for anyone trying this is not to use an anti histamine that contains cetirizene hydrochloride (like Zyrtec) because they can actually make people photosensitive and actually aggravate the problem or make you get sunburnt more easily.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Definately worth mentioning I am sure there are a lot of suffers out there. My daughter used to be really bad. She has not had the anti-histamines but she uses Ryman P20 Once A Day. Hubby uses it too and does not have to worry all day about re-application. You do have to put it on a while before going in the sun but well worth it for them.
    Mary

Florida Expert
    I suffer quite badley with prickly heat and I take anti hystermines, but I have also started to us oil free sunscreen, Piz Buin do one

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
    Definately worth mentioning I am sure there are a lot of suffers out there. My daughter used to be really bad. She has not had the anti-histamines but she uses Ryman P20 Once A Day. Hubby uses it too and does not have to worry all day about re-application. You do have to put it on a while before going in the sun but well worth it for them.
    [/quote]

Ryman now do P20 which only needs to be applied 15mins before going out into the sun. Much better, I think [msnsmile]

Bernadette

Watch out with Riemann, it doesn't protect again UVA rays. That was the one I was going to buy but decided against it and went for Pizbuin instead cos it offers protection from UVA and UVB.
    I have tried several different suncreams now having been here a while!! I am now onto Banana Boat Dry oil spray factor 15, and I've still not got any prickly heat- still taking the anti-histamines as well and believe you me I suffer very badly from Prickly heat- I am beginning to think that they key is using a high factor.