Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continental to cease Bristol-Newark

Florida Newbie

Continental to cease Bristol-Newark

This is on Bristol Airports latest news page,very disappointed.

Continental Airlines is ceasing operation of its daily transatlantic service between Bristol and New York from 7 November.

However, the flight will continue to operate throughout the summer, and existing bookings before 7 November remain unaffected. Customers making travel plans can continue to book with confidence during this period.

Customers with bookings for travel after 7 November will be contacted directly by Continental Airlines with alternative travel arrangements or the offer of a refund.

Bristol Airport will continue to work closely with Continental Airlines to provide an excellent service to passengers until operations cease. The Airport will also be exploring all options to secure an alternative transatlantic service for passengers following Continental’s departure.

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    Ohh Noo!! I dont know why this is because the flights are always full [msnsad]
    Tricia

only tried it once however it was not going to be the last time, disappointing[V]
    Karen Scott

Have used it regularly as we are only 12 miles from the airport !!!
    Our last flight back 19th March was only half full....
    Seems (according to the news) that they can't sell the first/business class (profitable) seats in sufficient numbers....

Florida Expert
    I just put some dates in for December according to their website this is the information I received

Continental or its partners offers service between Orlando, FL (MCO) and Bristol, England (BRS) on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays.
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    It seems that Bristol airport have announced this ahead of the airline so that might explain why Continental's website doesn't have it.

Reported in the Times yesterday:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...cle7088933.ece

Florida Expert
    What a shame, I use Continental from Bristol twice a year so easy to get to from South Wales
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Expert
    Like Martin and Sue I am only 12 miles from the airport but in the other direction (Filton) and use this service 3 times a year. Seems ridiculous to me as the flights are 95% full each time we have used them since they started. Not good news for Bristol Airport which is due to start big expansion plans.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    High loads do not necessarily mean profitability. It's what the passenger is paying not how many of them there are. I suspect Continental believe that aircraft can return more income on another route.

Very few UK regional scheduled services to the US (or anywhere else) left these days. I expect it to get worse before it gets better.[msnsad]

Florida Junior
    I have also used Continental via Newark, it was a good service and also handy for us as I to live not far from the airport (just down the road from you Clare in Stoke Lodge). If looks like the only one we have left now from Bristol is First Choice during the main holiday season.
    Julia