Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continental to cease Bristol-Newark

Gold 5 Star Member
    As Katys Grandad states above, the determining factor on profitability for most scheduled flights is getting enough people 'upfront' in business/first class.

AA had a coach only service from Manchester to Boston that was almost always full(according to the AA staff to whom I spoke) yet that was withdrawn.

Another factor is the cost of keeping Continental staff at Bristol for only one daily flight.

It is sad really that these airports are cancelling some of the winter services to the US.

Soon we will only be left with London or Manchester for some routes.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster

Soon we will only be left with London or Manchester for some routes.
    [/quote]

I'm struggling to think of any year round direct UK-US scheduled services outside those 2 places.

EDIT: Is Continental's Glasgow-New York the only one now?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Birmingham have flights with Continental to New York - my neighbour left on one last week.

Florida Expert
    We are flying Continental - Manchester to New York using a code share we are flying back from Orlando with Virgin[8D]

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    It has been a real shame that Continental has taken this decision, as they do operate from some other regional airports as well. I think is might be something more to do with a 5 year contract of something for so long and bristol are now wanting a bit more maybe, a bit of you scratch my back or I pull out.....

For many in wales and the west this has been a god send over the 4 hour journey for us at least to Gatwick. I know we would pay a little more for bristol than if we went to Heathrow, but the extra was well worth not having that long travel at the end of the holiday.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    Would be great if they started from Cardiff but we know that will not happen.
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx