Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Thrifty

Florida Newbie

Thrifty

Hi

Have never used anyone but Dollar or Alamo before but wondered what Thrifty are like. Anyone used them?

Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    Used them once car was filthy and rubbish brake lights kept coming on had to take it back to the airport to exchange other one not much better NEVER AGAIN

Never again for me too. I returned a car to Miami and they obviously didn't register it as back straight away and charged us a late fee and when we collected at Tampa, they wanted to charge us a drop off of some stupid amount even though there wasn't supposed to be one.

I guess you will always hear bad stories about each company, but having used Budget, Dollar and Alamo loads of times without any problems, I will stick with them
    Shirley

Administrator
    We used to offer Thrifty - they are part of the Dollar group, but more for the 'budget' end of the market. Although this was not the reason for not offering them any longer, we did have more customer issues with them compared to the other suppliers.

Dollar and Thrifty at MCO are the same check in desk and kiosk. We gave them a try at Christmas and although we paid less than through Dollar we were dealt with by exactly the same staff. We ordered an economy car as there was just the two of us and were given a Ford Focus with 3000 on the clock. Very pleased.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've used Thrifty at Miami.

Same shuttle, same site, same queue, same desks as Dollar. It's very hard to see any difference other than the name.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have used Thrifty once, out of Tampa.

Different desk, different staff, the latter would have benefited from some customer service training.

Not impressed with the car, cannot remember the make but not the cleanest I have to say.

Would we use them again, unlikely.

Lynne

Florida Newbie
    Thanks so much for all your comments. Me thinks we'll be giving them a miss!!

I have had a very good price quoted for Easter 2011 with Thrifty out of MCO airport for a mid size SUV,has anybody any experience their would like to share before i commit to a booking,

Florida Chatterbox
    I read this group are being taken over by Hertz.