Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best memory you have?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our first trip to Disney for part of our honeymoon in 1981, it was magical and will always be a lasting memeory.

The other lasting memory will always be the first time we walked into our house in 2004 having collected the keys from the builder.
    It was an amazing feeling and another one which will always stay with me.

There are others, the powdery sand of the beaches, the calm of the gulf and the brilliant depth of blue of the skies but none quite match the above two.

Lynne

So many many memories, walking into our new villa for the first time and thinking all this is ours, but then that was tinged with a little sadness as our villa came about on the death of my parents and selling their home as they always wanted us to spend the money on a holiday home that our family and friends could enjoy, I am sure they thought of Tenerife or mainland Spain never dreaming we would buy in the States, but then I know they would be so pleased as our family and friends have enjoyed it and loved it from day one.

Another vivid memory was our first trip to Florida which I must say I did not want to travel all that way and never wanted to visit Disneyland, there we were with a car and could see our Hotel but for some reason could not find the entrance into it, tired with tempers rising we drove into the Radison on International drive to ask directing, I sat in the car crying and saying that I never wanted to come to this b........ awful place in the first place, anyway to cut a story short eventually found the hotel very tired and hungry went out had a meal and next day went to Seaworld.......then I was hooked and that was the start of our own villa and many many happy holidays in the sunshine state.

Val

Many many memories for us also. I hadn't even thought about visiting USA until we were organising our wedding back in 1988 my husband had been to Miami a couple of times back in the early eighties flying out with Freddie Laker. He loved the way of life etc and persuaded me that it would be a good place for our honeymoon. We spent 3 weeks out there between Miami and Orlando and I Was hooked. The best moment though was when we finally bought our house out there in 2004 my husband wanted it much more than me but the day I walked into our wonderful piece of paradise was fantastic. Each time I walk into our beautiful villa I feel so lucky and would be devasted if we ever have to sell. Having said all that the first time we visited Clearwater Beach has to be my best memory I loved it back then and to this day when we drive over the causeway I feel like I am coming home.

Florida Junior
    Many of the above but also would like to add all those little lizard things running about everywhere and K92FM in the car. It's great to be able to listen to a 'country' music station. I sometimes listen to K92FM on the internet here and it always reminds me of being there.

Florida Junior
    oh the Lizards! I completely forgot about them. the 1st trip we had was in May. there were these flys around called 'love bugs' they sort of joined together at the rear and flew around in huge swarms. anybody experience them?

Florida Junior
    Yes, I remember the 'love bugs'. We were at Wet 'n' Wild the first time we experienced them, they were everywhere. We were forever swatting them away.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Yes, the first time we went was late April 93 and a lot of the cars had these covers over the front we were told they were car bras to stop the love bugs from damaging the paintwork

We also love the lizards, here is one my son saved from drowning in the pool.

Lyn

Florida Savvy
    Jeepers, there's so many, it's hard to choose just one! Like everyone said, one of the really vivid memories was getting off the plane into the hot, humid air..I'll never forget that!
    Also, the rainstorms. Ohhh, the rainstorms! There was this one time that we got caught in one coming back from the pool (which was like 1 5-10 minute walk from our apartment), and i slipped and slided the whole way up to the apartment in my non-gripped flip flops!! I ended up just taking them off and legging it!
    The rides were unbelievable, and that feeling of wind in your hair when you're on The Hulk, or The Kraken is immense!
    But honestly, what's stayed with me the most is the feeling of magic that the parks had for me. I was 17 when we last went, and I truly felt like a little child again. It was the most incredible feeling ever.
    Kate.xo

Florida Newbie
    Goodness me this is really difficult! We have only visited in Nov/Dec so far so haven't experienced the heat, but Christmas in Orlando is amazing! Especially WDW, massive xmas trees all decorated to the theme of each park, xmas songs playing everywhere you go and snow in Celebration!!! I'm not the bravest when it comes to rides but I love the build up in the lines everything is so carefully thought through, memories of my son being 'chased' by a dinosaur at Epcot! The look on his face when he stood next to the shuttles at Kennedy, my daughter when she first saw Minnie mouse priceless!! it really is a place where dreams come to life! But I think like a lot of you the first time at Magic Kingdom walking down Main Street has got to be one of my most memorable moments! I can't wait to do it again this year in October!

Sharon

Florida Newbie
    I have one very special memory which is marrying my hubbie on our second visit there. We knew after we'd been the first time that if we decided to marry it'd be there and two years later we returned and said our I do's. It was so, so lovely.

My fave feeling is like many of you have said, stepping off the plane and feeling the warm air, driving out of the airport to wherever we're staying and just feeling so comfortable - like we're home. Cant beat that feeling. Its the best!!