Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best memory you have?

Florida Junior

The best memory you have?

Hi all,

What is your 1 abiding memory of your trips to Florida? my family and I are visiting for our 4th time this year. my memories are vivid and varied, but there are a few things that stick in my mind. how huge the cars are, how brutal the rain can get in the summer. and how helpless the hulk made me feel. [msncool] the 1 overiding memory has to be the 1st time I felt the Florida sun on my face! savage! but a feeling I will never forget [msncool]

Florida Expert
    The first time I stepped out of the airport when I first arrived 13 years ago. It was like walking into an oven!!!
    Chris

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Have to agree the first time you step out the plane and smell the humid air and heat that hits you is a memory we often talk about. Now 15 years later we still feel the same.
    The first time you drive under the arches to Disney, and walking up main street seeing the castle.
    We often laugh at the times we have been caught in the heavy rain got absolutley soaked, then the sun to shine minutes later and you walk round and dry in no time.
    There are so many good things it is hard to have one.

Mary

Florida Chatterbox
    My first and abiding memory was walking into the Magic Kingdom in 1992 with my wife and 7 year old daughter and seeing Cinderella's Castle and becoming a child again.

Still doing in all those years on, still acting like a child and my daughter still coming with us albeit with her boyfriend now.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our first visit to Florida was in 2000 and we have visited many times since. Even now entering Magic Kingdom and walking up Main Street towards the castle still gives me goosebumps.
    Paula

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    For me it's sseeing a killer whale for the 1st time at Sea World, it's the one thing I have to do on every visit.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    We first visited in January 1992 for a holiday of a lifetime, our youngest Chris was 5 and our daughter 15, we were hooked from day 1, we go in less than 2 weeks for what must be around our 30th trip, Chris still comes along as dad pays!! Rachel is now 34 and is joining us with her husband and two children who are 6 and 4.
    When we arive at our villa the magic is still there as strong as ever.
    Eric

The memories that stick with me are the first time we met Mickey Mouse in 1997 and my now 15 year old daughter, she was 2 at the time, climbed up me screaming to get away from him (she will never live that down) apparently it was something to do with his ears ! and when my now 10 year old daughter met him for the first time, she was 2 also, and she was so excited she ran to him and nearly knocked him over, we have both memories caught on camera and they still make me smile even now.

King Louie's Pad, bourbon chicken, banana pudding, swimming with the dolphins, seeing DH's colour when he got off of The Hulk so many lovely memories that keep us going until the next time.......[msnsmile]
    Wendy

There's so many lovely memories it's hard to pick just one but scariest at the time and now really funny was being caught in one of those really violent rainstorms while driving a convertible with the top down and not being able to pull over for about a mile - how I didn't crash the car I'll never know, I have NEVER been so scared! My friend and I got out of the car looking like we'd just got out of the swimming pool fully clothed[msnwink]
    But the best memories are our kids faces the first time we took them to the villa after we bought it, they were even more excited than we were!

Wendy, I'm so pleased that King Louie's Pad is among your favourite memories, we absolutely love it and to know that our guests love it too is fantastic and gives us a real buzz, so thank you[msnsmile2]
    Caroline & Dave

Crikey where to start??? as many above.... the stepping off the airplane.... the heat/smells....
    visiting Seaworld.... seeing Magic Kingdom.... WOW!!! made me goosebumps.... my family not into disney just had to take Lauren... then aged 7.. but it was me that saw the magic!
    oh best one i think has to be is the huge Walmart!!!! as a sister shop to our Asda i was expecting it to be like that... took me over 3 hours to get round there!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]
    Liesa