Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The best memory you have?

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    My abiding memory will be walking in to MK for first time in 1991...... I blubbed[msncry][msncry]

It was just so magical[msnsmile]
    [/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this experience! [:I]
    Kate.xo

Florida Savvy
    Back in 1983 as a young bride my new husband organised a surprise honeymoon which turned out to be to Orlando, all the guests at the wedding were as curious as me as to where we were going but he would not tell. He handed both sets of parents a note at the hotel the following day just before we headed off for the airport and sat me down in the departure hall and handed me a letter welcoming me as his new bride and saying the magical journey of our life together starts today and that we were going to Florida to see Mickey, I was crying so much at this time that I could not read that we were also going to Fort Lauderdale for the second week of our holiday. We have been married for 27 years and have visited Florida many times since but it still makes me cry when I remember his letter - which I still have of course.
    VIOLET BARROW

There is never anything more memorable than that first trip. As others have said, feeling the heat getting off that plane, but my best memory was driving that awsome car that first year... the Cadillac Escalade.

As others say, so many wonderful memories and at times it gets difficult to remember which memory is from which trip. For me, though, celebrating New Year in MK has got to be up there, the other really special event which is always nice, but never as powerful as the first time, is the Candlelit Processional.
    Euan

THe heat and smell at the airport, as loads of you have said. The first time in Disney for me was 1985[when I walked around the Magic kingdom from 8 am to12 midnight with blisters off my Jelly bean shoes lol]. We came via Bangor, Maine and I remember being really tired and saying to my husband- I don't care how good it is, I ain't going through this again! So 25 years on, I never dreamt we would have our own home over there!
    One of my lasting memories was when we took both sets of parents with us, when my son was 6 months old. My Mum[ passed away in August, bless her], as we descended through fluffy white clouds, said " Now I believe there is a heaven". On walking up Main Street,Magic Kingdom, she said " Every child should have the chance to come here" I agree with her and know exactly what she meant. I always tell people who chat to me about Florida and say they are going to go when their children are a bit older- DON'T WAIT! do it now, because every child from 1 month to 100 years old can enjoy it.
    Another was my Mum again. We went to Boardwalk one evening, and were watching the entertainers. They called my Mum out of the crowd to join in, and she had to throw a ping pong ball up for him to catch and balance on the end of his nose -he had her crying with laughter before she could do this, and she wiped tears from her eyes with a tissue, and decided to mop his brow for a bit of fun also- unfortunately for him, this showed a clean line down his nose, of invisible tape! The crowd went wild with laughter -she had ruined his show- he ad libbed his way through it well! That evening, everywhere we went, we got " great show Margaret"!
    My Son learned to swim in our pool there, he also broke his arm in Florida once I learned to Waterski there- the list goes on. Lots of happy and wonderful memories- the feeling of the warm breeze in your hair in the evening driving along in a convertible,the inky black evening skies, and gorgeous blue skies in the day- the clarity of the air. The odd grass! The snow in Celebration at Xmas, the smell of gingerbread in the Xmas parade at Mickeys Xmas party, the fireworks.
    I don't have any of these memories from anywhere else in the world I have travelled - the place is just magical!!!

We are getting ready to plan our 5th trip down this winter 5th in a row and my favorite memory everyyear is after getting off the plane and driving into Davenport with our windows down and smelling the orange blossoms going down higway 27
    Randy Johnston

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    My abiding memory will be walking in to MK for first time in 1991...... I blubbed[msncry][msncry]

It was just so magical[msnsmile]
    [/quote]
    i totally get that Liz, my eyes welled the first time we saw that castle....

now its changed for me... this year we renewed our wedding vows and took 5 of our 6 kids and 6 of our 8 grandkids to florida to share our special day with us.... but just having them with us for 2 weeks was wonderful its the best memory of our lives i think (or one of them) trying to arrange for us to all go again in 2 years.....[high5]

Liesa

Hey Chris

We were just like you and it was 10 years ago when we arrived and walked out of the airport WOW the heat and this was our first visit where we went model home browsing and fell in love with our model home in Clear C reek and went off and picked our site on a corner which cost $1500 usd extra.
    That was the best and I will never ever forget that and the year later when we arrvied over and it was built.

Great memories and now the nightmarestrying to keep hold of it.

Well thats life and I am sure we are all in the same or similar boat..

Florida Expert
    My husband also did a surprise honeymoon trip but everyone knew about it apart from me. We had a week in Orlando and a week in Miami in 1990. The rain in Miami! We were on a bus and stepped of up to our ankles in water it had rained soooo much.
    Walking into MK up main street still does it and lunch in the castle, something we have done every time since the very first trip (and it wasn't a character meal then). Now the children have the 'traditions' that we have to do every time we go

We remember our first trip back in 1989 as we had bought a time share in Tenerife we exchanged it to Florida in Star Island them a week in Daytona .
    5 years ago we bought our villa and it is 3 traffic lights away from there down the 192 we still cannot believe it and talk about it as we arrive and go past Star Island to this day ,there are so many memories that we have about Florida and all seem to be good.
    Cannot wait to go back and enjoy the sunny weather away from the cold.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx