Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Roy's

Florida Junior

Roy's

Hello everybody,

I'm off to Florida with the family again in July and was looking for some new places to eat. I looked on [name edited] and came across a restaurant called Roy's that does hawaiian cuisine and is ranked very highly.

So has anyone ever visited this restaurant? And how does it compare to Seasons 52, which I visited last year (and is in the same complex as Roy's)?

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Roy's are a chain of restaurants. I haven't eaten at the one you're referring to but I have eaten in the Austin 'branch'. I'd say it was OK without being memorable and a bit pricey for what I had.

Personally I've rarely found that chain restaurants are very special because it will always depend upon the chef at the particular location and I always bear in mind that Trip Advisor reviews tend to be from US customers so their taste is usually not the same as mine.

We haven't tried it personally but some friends of ours always rave about it. Fingers crossed we'll try it next month!
    Caroline & Dave

We went about 2 years ago, okay but pricey for what you got. Have not bothered to go back.

Sandra

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the comments peeps!

Hmm so it looks like I'm getting mixed reviews.....I'm also considering Texas de Brazil. Is this a better choice?

Florida Chatterbox
    Has anyone tried O'Hanas at Disneys Polynesian resort. Its fabulous. One price gets you as much food as you want and its excellent. Huge pitt BBQ in the centre of the restaurant and the waiters visit your table with endless supplies of skewers of turkey, pork, beef, sausages and the middle of the table is filled with dishes of cheesy potatoes, spicy shrimp, salad, chicken wings, bread,rice, etc. Its an Hawaian restaurant and its our favourite. You have to book though by ringing the Disney dining number (sorry havent got it at mo). If you time it right you can watch the fireworks over the castle while you eat. Gill

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm a big fan of Texas de Brazil Dan.

Once you are seated you each have a small disc that is red on one side and green on the other. If you flip it green side up it means you're hungry and the gauchos who roam around with all kinds of meats will stop and land you a slice, or chunk, or piece, depending on whether they have something roasted, chops, sausages, wings, legs, etc. on their skewers.

I've always thought the food was really tasty. I've heard some people comment that it can be a bit salty ... which apparently is the Brazilian way. My own take on this is that it's a sign to stay away from the margaritas and just stick to the beer.

It's a fun night out. The food is good. The more hungry and carnivorous you are the better it is.

We've always tried to stay away from the salad bar but haven't yet managed it.

I haven't eaten at Roy's and so can't compare it - but I would definitely recommend Texas de Brazil.
    Steve