Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Ticking the right boxes

Florida Expert

Ticking the right boxes

We've been to Florida a few times and by twisting our son's arm up his back we think we maybe going again later this year. The thing is I'm torn between the Gulf coast for a week or just sticking with Kissimmee. With a variety of medical problems we are all ready for a rest and to relax but at the same time, it is handy to have the knowledge that we are close by to the local hospitals etc.

We've stayed in a variety of villas, one of the most expensive was actually one of the worst, it didn't live up to expectations. Side panel missing off the jacuzzi, outside TV didn't work, everytime we attempted to use the washer/dryer the electrics blew, pool cues had the tips missing, broken curtain pole etc...so I'm going to be extra vigilant this time when booking.

I just wondered what ticked the boxes for everyone else? We like a Games room for the kids, and a decent sized pool, I go on the bedding and the quality of the towels etc whilst the men of the family look at the gadgets and gizmos in the package.

I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Re hospitals, hopefully you won't need to visit one but there are usually hospitals in most locations.

I can speak for the gulf coast in respect of Rotonda West, the local hospital in Englewood about 15/20 minutes to drive is excellent as I did need to avail of their services during one visit; I was looked after extremely well.

Re bedding if you like a large bed then go for a king pillow - top, re towels this is a hard one as everyone's idea of luxury is a tad different. I know from most posts on the forum most owners will replace these as with sheets on a regular basis as we do.

In respect of games rooms and gizmos not many gulf homes have a games room, a few do and the gizmos depends what the guys want[msnwink].

Put out a request with your wants and desires and then make a short list and go from their.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    i think it is very hard to choose Andrea and i seem to be going round in circles at the minute, personally i like to see window dressings in a villa i know it sounds silly but i have seen some lovely looking furnished villas but then they are spoilt when there's nothing but a office style blind on all the windows and i think it makes it looks like a basic rental property rather than a finished cared for home, just my personal opinion but i think if a owner has these small finishing touches then it speaks volumes

we also like to see a comfy family sized sofas in the family room because we do like to chill and rent the odd dvd on our quieter days and i also like to see a clear photgraphs that shows what the pool backs onto as we prefer not to back directly onto other pools and finally internet access is a must for our family, our teenager doesn't get parted from her laptop that easily these days [msnscared]

i honestly don't think we have rented a poor home from here and that's why we return

i do find the feedback from the previous guest section helpful but there's not enough coments on there considering how many villas must get rented, perhaps a polite reminder asking people to leave a review or feedback when they have their security deposit returned would go a long way to increasing the amount left [?]

Florida Expert
    I totally agree Marie, for me, the little touches go a long, long way. For me, I don't like to see overused towels etc but then I maybe a bit funny with things like that! Same with the sheets, I know it's difficult for villa owners with the turnaround, getting things, washed, dryed etc but it's one of the little things that go a long way with me. I also like to take feedback into account. Thanks for the info about the gulf coast Lynn, we've only ever had days there in the past, a week or more would be wonderful...It's our 20th wedding anniversary this year so I'd like to do something to mark the occasion but not quite sure what yet, however the prospect of a little sunshine and a nice stretch of golden sand with warm sea is my ideal way of celebrating.[msnwink] although I think the younger ones would prefer kissimmee.