Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Best days

Best days

Does anyone have any tips on best days of the week to visit parks?

We're planning on going to Universal Studio's, IOA, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. We are there from 20th May for 2 weeks I have heard conflicting ideas so far some say Fridays and Sundays are good days for IOA and Saturdays good for Universal but then others say weekends are busiest?? Also is Memorial weekend usually busy? And does anyone know when Harry Potter opens at IOA as i'm guessing that will be V busy!

This is our 'plan of action so far:

Day 1 - arrive
    Day 2 (friday) -day at villa to relax find way around
    Day 3 (sat) -Universal
    Day 4 (sun)-IOA
    Day 5 (memorial day) -day at villa/shopping etc
    Day 6 (tues) -SeaWorld
    Day 7 (Wed) -Busch Gardens
    Day 8 (Thurs) -Day at Beach
    Day 9 (Friday) -IOA - not sure if this might be Harry Potter open day?
    Day 10 (sat)-Universal
    Day 11 (sun)-Beach
    Day 12 (mon) -Aquatica
    Day 13 (tues) -SeaWorld
    Day 14 (wed) - day to shop etc (last day)

Any advice/tips would be great[msnsmile]

Laura - I usually do theme park one day and relax or shop next day. I find 2 doing the theme parks 2 days in a row exhausting, especially if you are there the whole day. Hope you really enjoy your trip. I am visiting again in October, this will be my 6th visit. I also intend to do IOH and Harry Potter World. This is the main reason we are going again this year. Mel
    Mel - Hertfordshire

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I always find you are up quite early on your first day and the earlier you can hit the parks the better it is. Probably not best to go to busch or beach 1st day as you may not fancy the drive. I would chosse to do one of the parks that you are going to twice.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    I would definately change the Universal days from Saturday. We went a couple of times to IoA and Universal and you could not move for the crowds of local teenagers. They are all very polite etc but just so many people the queues were long for popular rides and it was hard to change direction it was so crowded we gave up and went home.

Memorial weekend is always very busy at all of the parks. Shopping is a good choice for those days as there will be sales on.
    Mary

Florida Newbie
    Hi Laura,

we're going out one day before you for two weeks... I'm certain Memorial Day is the last Monday of the month (31st), so the last weekend is the public holiday weekend and one most likely to avoid the theme parks.

Our plan is as follows:

(Wed) Arrive
    (Thu) Shopping/Local attraction
    (Fri) Magic Kingdom
    (Sat) Kennedy (everyone says they want to go...!)
    (Sun) Villa/Local
    (Mon) Universal IOA
    (Tue) Seaworld
    (Wed) Water Park (not decided which)
    (Thu) Villa/Local
    (Fri) Universal
    (Sat) Villa + Zellwood (!)
    (Sun) Local attractions
    (Mon) Shopping
    (Tue) Busch Gardens
    (Wed) Home

So you can see - we're trying to fit as much as possible into the first week - might be exhausting, but the weekends are free from big attractions - and the public holiday weekend is free as well - just to relax - there also happens to be the Zellwood Sweetcorn festival on that weekend - and our youngest daughter can't wait to try and eat as much corn as possible

Thanks for all your help I'll definately take all these suggestions into acount and re-jig my plan slightly I think, thanks