Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    Imagine feeling the heat from the real flames of a dragon's breath, or shivering as the cold icy chill runs up your spine as the dementors try to suck out your soul.[/quote]Now that sounds like the Alien Encounter (that turned rather disappointingly into Stitch's Great Escape) that used to be at MK, especially if it's in the dark. Creepy and shiver come to mind!
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

I've been thinking exactly the same Blott.

Do you remember the feeling as the alien used to walk across the top of the harnesses and then that shiver you got when it brethed across the back of your neck.

Let's hope that there are a few of these tricks in the Forbidden Journey.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yep, and the wet saliva (or drool or blood from attacks - we never knew until we got out and inspected by another member of our party) that landed on your face... oooer, repress a scream and shiver some more...
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wow! Steve,Blott, I was never brave enough to do Alien Econter or Stitches Great Escape, but you guys in a few words have decribed what I missed SO WELLLLLLLLLL...I know now why I didn't try either!!!
    Enjoy anything HP at Universal brings everybody[msnwink]

I only tried Stitches' Great Escape once, and once only!!! I have faced the biggest and best roller coasters in Orlando, but Stitches' Great Escape....NEVER again!! I just couldn't stomach it!

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Stitches Great Escape - I thought it was just us that thought it was quite scary - my daughter was 6 when we went on it and it scared the begebbers out of her but unfortunately due to where we were sitting she had to stay where she was through the whole thing - if lilo and stitch comes on the Disney channel she stil turns it off - she is 10 now - I think it scared her for life !
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just got back from riding Forbidden Journey and it is everything and more as you describe Steve.

The whole experience from Hogsmeade village to the Castle and the ride itself are truly breathtaking. The attention to detail is amazing. I won't tell you about the ride you have to do it yourself and see how good it is, but you do need the shoulder harness!!!!!

We also sampled some Butterbeer, had breakfast in the Three Broomsticks and had a wander through Zonko's, Honeydukes and Dervish and Banges.

The merchandising is huge and there is everything you can think of.

The one place we didn't get into was Olivanders as the queue was mega, and our main reason for going was to try for the ride.

They are doing soft openings at 9am in the morning for a couple of hours, but won't confirm which days. We went yesterday afternoon as we were going to the cinema to see Shrek 4 at the Imax, so had a wander in to IOA and a cast member said it was closed for the day but to come back at 9am tomorrow morning (today), which of course we did, and it was worth the struggle to get Al out of bed [msnsmile]
    Rosie

Glad it all went well Rosie and you actually managed to get Al out of bed that early[msnwink][msnwink]

Sandra

Super Moderator
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it Rosie and it was worth getting out of bed for.

What does Butterbeer taste like? is it very sweet?

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's non alcoholic and it reminded us both of cream soda [msnsmile] You can buy it cold or frozen.
    Rosie