Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget?

Florida Newbie

Budget?

Hi I am just starting to look into car hire for our trip in October, has anyone got any thoughts/experiences with Budget?

Many thanks

Sharon

Florida Expert
    If you put Budget Car Hire into the search facility at the top of the page you will finc many threads on the subject. I for one always use Budget and any problems or slight annoyances I might have had on occasions I am sure would have happened with any car rental company.
    Clare R

Florida Newbie
    Thank you Clare [msnsmile2]

We have used Budget a few times and have had no problems. We like the fact that you can pre-register and miss the queues. We tend to go with whichever is the cheapest of the 3 for each trip. There are advantages and disadvantages with all of them.
    Lynne

Used then on my last three trips and no problems any time.

Second the opinion above if you use them pre-register and then you can bypass the car desk queue. You can only use this option after you get your booking details.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Had lots of trouble with Budget on our last trip - so wouldn't use them again [msnsad]
    Wendy

Florida Newbie
    Hey Wendy, when did you go? What sort of problems did you have with them. We have always used Alamo in the past but they always put pressure on to upgrade and the queue is quite long![msnsad]
    Thanks for your advice Dave, it is so difficult, do you go with the devil you know or make a change to something that doesn't always have good reviews?[confused]

Sharon [drinkbeer]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have used Budget on our last 3 trips (last one april 2008) and have had no problems whatsoever, on one occasion got a free upgrade.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    I think it is probably a bit of "luck of the draw". Used all three and never had a problem with any of them.

We had a flat tyre when we rented an 8 seater SUV with Budget (a ford explorer), they delivered a new one to the villa within an hour - ahead of my expectations.[msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    We have used Budget on at least two prior trips to Orlando booked through uscarhire and had excellent service, used the Fast Track facility and bypassed all the queues on the ground floor Car Hire Service desks area, never been pressured to upgrade or take a GPS etc. No problems using a Visa Debit card either, all in all would certainly use Budget and uscarhire again, as long as the price is right.