Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver or Gold

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Steph

Haven't seen anything posted but when I was told by two lots of friends who have just came back that Dollar/Thrifty have changed their policy, I always ask to take it out/return it full and have never had a problem. Both lots of friends were told they no longer do that, you have to return it as near empty as possible as they will charge for a full tank regardless of how much is in it, both were charged $80.
    Jeff

Florida Expert
    I think Budget is the only supplier who still allows you to bring it back full and they also give you the option to purchase teh tank of fuel beforehand when you collect the car and the rate depends on the price of petrol that day

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    If you book through us then our Silver option with Alamo includes 2 drivers just like Dollar and Budget.[/quote]Roger does this still apply, as your site says 2 drivers with Dollar & Budget but does not mention Alamo. We always book the silver option through this site with Alamo and have always had 2 drivers in the past just hope it still applies.
    Lyn

We have just returned and rented with Alamo on the silver package. Had 2 drivers included at no extra cost.
    Jim

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Roger does this still apply, as your site says 2 drivers with Dollar & Budget but does not mention Alamo We always book the silver option through this site with Alamo and have always had 2 drivers in the past just hope it still applies.[/quote]

With Budget we had a discussion a couple of years ago(see link) about the situation with the second driver, and as far as I know it hasn't been resolved with that company(or others??)

With the Silver option there is no problem if the second driver is the main driver's spouse. However there is no provision to name the second driver on the rental agreement at MCO.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...64&whichpage=1

On the majority of trips my wife is the second driver, but on the couple of occasions I have been since then where I want a friend/son to be the second driver, I won't use Budget Silver.