Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver or Gold

Florida Expert

Silver or Gold

Now i know it has been asked before but i thought i would ask again as i am now in the position to book our car for June. 2 Drivers and 2 kiddies 3 and 6, should i go for Silver or Gold option? I am look at either 4 door Full size or a Mid Size SUV. Usually go with Alamo, what vehicles are they running currently on those choices? I am open for suggestion.
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    How long are you going for? If it over 2 weeks silver will definately be better, 2 weeks or under it depends how much you think a tank of fuel will be as basically that is what you are saving paying for with Gold.
    Christine

Alamo includes only one driver on Silver, so if you need two you'll have to go for Gold. If you can do with one driver you can probably go with Silver, they're really fair with fuel price (I think we paid about $40 for a Fullsize tank). You can pick your car in the aisle too. We chose a nice Buick Lacrosse last summer, there were plenty of Dodge Chargers too that I can remember.

Budget and Dollar include 2 drivers with Silver, and with Budget you're not charged a tank of fuel if you bring the car back full (and they mean it, full to the fullest possible).
    With Budget as a Fullsize we got an Impala recently. Not the sexiest car but it did the trick. We haven't rented with Dollar recently, so don't have fresh input.

Hope this helps.

Administrator
    If you book through us then our Silver option with Alamo includes 2 drivers just like Dollar and Budget.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lafifille
    Alamo includes only one driver on Silver, so if you need two you'll have to go for Gold. If you can do with one driver you can probably go with Silver, they're really fair with fuel price (I think we paid about $40 for a Fullsize tank). You can pick your car in the aisle too. We chose a nice Buick Lacrosse last summer, there were plenty of Dodge Chargers too that I can remember.

Budget and Dollar include 2 drivers with Silver, and with Budget you're not charged a tank of fuel if you bring the car back full (and they mean it, full to the fullest possible).
    With Budget as a Fullsize we got an Impala recently. Not the sexiest car but it did the trick. We haven't rented with Dollar recently, so don't have fresh input.

Hope this helps.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
    How long are you going for? If it over 2 weeks silver will definately be better, 2 weeks or under it depends how much you think a tank of fuel will be as basically that is what you are saving paying for with Gold.[/quote]
    Will be going for 15 days.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald
    How long are you going for? If it over 2 weeks silver will definately be better, 2 weeks or under it depends how much you think a tank of fuel will be as basically that is what you are saving paying for with Gold.[/quote]Will be going for 15 days.
    [/quote]the difference between Gold and Silver is approx £80, so I personnally would go with silver as if you go with Alamo there is no way a tank of fuel will be £80.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald
    How long are you going for? If it over 2 weeks silver will definately be better, 2 weeks or under it depends how much you think a tank of fuel will be as basically that is what you are saving paying for with Gold.[/quote]Will be going for 15 days.[/quote]the difference between Gold and Silver is approx £80, so I personnally would go with silver as if you go with Alamo there is no way a tank of fuel will be £80.[/quote]I was looking at Silver as the best option, normally there are 4 adults in the party so there is no question with the Gold option. Not having chosen Silver before i just wanted to see if it was the best option. Thanks.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    If you book through us then our Silver option with Alamo includes 2 drivers just like Dollar and Budget.[/quote]Seeing on the quotes I got "INCLUDES 2 drivers for Dollar and Budget", and that no number of drivers appears when I select Alamo (small print says "includes drivers", I thought the "s" was a typo), I always just assumed Alamo included one driver. [msnembarrased]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We go Silver with Alamo through this site and always name 2 drivers. The tank of fuel cost us about $40, a lot cheaper than £80
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    We;ve got a car thhis week with Dollar and silver and got charged $55 for the tank of fuel. We have always been allowed to bring it back full but not sure if it is because we have an Express membership but when my brother who it is booked in picked it up they said it wasnt an option.
    Babblin Boo