Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First time visit to Orlando - Feedback pls!

Caroline suggested a character meal....I would choose that for your partners birthday treat, even adults love Disney, especially on a first time trip and on their birthday!

If you visit a Disney Park on the birthday go to guest services, you will get a big personalized birthday badge and as long as your partner wears it in a visible place they will get Happy Birthday from cast members and guests all day long, it really makes you feel special!![msnsmile2]

Liz

Florida Junior
    We haven't got to Typhoon Lagoon yet but have done Blizzard Beach twice and Aquatica once. Was really underwhelmed with Aquatica to be honest. My children were 12 and 10 when we first visited and even then were really into thrill rides. Of all the parks, Islands of Adventure, Universal and Sea World were our favourites. Busch was really good too for coasters. Of the Disney Parks our favourites were Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Although we don't regret going, you have to experience them at least once, Magic Kingdom and Epcot would come last in our list of favourite parks. As for Kennedy, my son 12 and daughter 10 loved it, as did I and I thought it would be deadly dull.

I know it's stating the obvious really but you should choose what you want to do, be realistic about what you can fit in without exhausting yourselves and keep in mind that it'll still be there to do next year or the year after.

Florida Savvy
    I have had similar feedback to yours re:a post I made a while back i.e not tryin to overdo it, my problem though is that this is the holiday of a lifetime for us ( me, the wife and 2 kids 8&5 )we might never get back again as a family due to the overall cost and will therefore be trying to do as many parks as possible, we may have to change our plans when we get there if the kids ( or us ) tire out but we will give it our best shot. I was last over 10 years ago when it was just me and the wife and we did the lot, in fact there were 3 pools at our hotel and we werent in one of them, the excitement just seemed to carry us through
    Ian Mcc

Florida Newbie
    Hi all,

once again thanks for the feedback - I doubt we'll be back anytime soon since the cost just seems to keep building up - in fact I'm surprised we found the money at all to do the theme parks after the money we already paid for the flights, villa and hire car etc. Next year will probably be a cheap and cheerful all inclusive in Benidorm at this rate (hopefully not though!)

Therefore I think we're going to be careful on not buying tickets that we'll definitely not use and just go for the ones suggested above - i.e. Disney with the Water parks - Universal + the best ticket for Seaworld + Busch gardens.

Then if we feel up to it getting tickets for other attractions as and when - we'll take the latop and see what deals we can get - I think I am right that we can pick up tickets when we're in Florida if we still order via park-tickets.com?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I agree the cost makes it seem like this will be that once in a lifetime trip, but if like the rest of us you fall in love with the place you will scrimp and save to find a way to return again & again. If you really don't get a 2nd trip it would still be better to remember what you did do with enjoyment and not just remember how tired you and the children were with all those hectic days at the parks.
    Lyn

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hawkini
    Hi all,

Then if we feel up to it getting tickets for other attractions as and when - we'll take the latop and see what deals we can get - I think I am right that we can pick up tickets when we're in Florida if we still order via park-tickets.com?
    [/quote]

Yes, you definitely can do that, and it's probably a very wise thing to do. They even deliver to your villa if you wish, although their store is very easy to find and convenient from most places.

Don't forget Universal has two parks in your planning, both are great in our opinion. If you go to Seaworld get Aquatica in your ticket, it's not much more expensive if I remember correctly and the kids will love it (good chance you will too[msnwink]).

We found that getting to the parks early helped: if we felt good enough we spent the whole day, if not we went back to the villa or to a water park, then decided later if we wanted to go back for the evening. We had 7 or 14 days tickets, they make your life easier. Note: if you go back to the same park on the same day you don't pay for the parking again ($12!). Likewise if you go the same day to the water park "attached" to the park (at least that's how it worked for Seaworld and Aquatica).

One great day out for us was the half-day fishing trip we took (tickets on this site). Although you may want to think twice about going with a baby, our kids still talk about it as their best day in Florida!

Have fun planning your vacations!

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lafifille
    Originally posted by hawkini

Note: if you go back to the same park on the same day you don't pay for the parking again ($12!).
    FYI - parking is now $14 at Disney Parks and Universal!!! SeaWorld is $12.

We thought back in 1997 that the Florida holiday that year would be the once in a life time but we have been back quite a few times since. We only go once every three years and scrimp and save and don't have any holidays in between to be able to do this but it is worth it, in fact we go back in 2 years 7 months today [msnsmile2]. Caroline's lovely villa has been booked since January and we now have a lot of saving to do......but it is so worth the wait.
    Wendy

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by grayster
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lafifille
    Originally posted by hawkini

Note: if you go back to the same park on the same day you don't pay for the parking again ($12!).
    FYI - parking is now $14 at Disney Parks and Universal!!! SeaWorld is $12.
    [/quote]

Ouch! [msnsad]

Florida Newbie
    Hi all,

took the plunge and bought the tickets (many thanks btw Martin - the feedback and notifications were the main factor for me spending a considerable amount of money...!)

Just had a question thought - most of the tickets say that we need to sign and have valid photo ID - does this mean we need to cart about everyones passport every time we go to a Disney park? Including the water parks?

Also having read the above post - how much cash does anyone recommend taking on an average day out to Disney or any other theme park? I'm not just thinking about lunch - but now also parking, souvenirs, "side" attractions etc.

I have a fair idea from Alton Towers - but it might be completely different in the US...

Thanks!