Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time visit to Orlando - Feedback pls!

Florida Newbie

First time visit to Orlando - Feedback pls!

Hi,

it's going to be our families first time in Florida in a couple of months - We have two weeks and so much stuff to fit in.

Firstly - my family comprises of 2 girls - 11 and 9, and our baby boy who will be 14 months when we go.

We are obviously going to have a hard time with the Baby - i.e. the whole family not going on rides all at the same time - so I wondered what everyones experience of taking infants and facilities there are for families with really young children are.

Our plan is to visit:

Disney (obviously) - Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot.
    Universal Studios
    Busch Gardens, Seaworld
    Kennedy Space Centre

and the water park Aquatica - I've heard many people say it's the best from TL and BB.

My question about infants is really aimed I guess at Disney - is there some kind of system that allows parents of infants to queue up once etc -and also I assume there is some kind of infant "zone" at Aquatica... and what about the other places?

Also - I was going to get the Disney 3 day pass (free uprades to 5 days) without hopping (not sure we'll need that?) - also the Seaworld, Busch + Aquatica ticket, Kennedy on its own and perhaps the universal - but it looks to me that just to go to Universal Studios and the UIOA adds on £400 no matter what tickets I try and get.

I'm not interested in anything else, and it would be a waste getting the Flex Tickets in my opinion.

Rambling will stop - but any feedback or experiences would be so appreciated.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    You're in the right place-the people on here are amongst the most helpful and have a wide range of experience to draw on so ask away -no question is too minor.
    Here's my ha'p'worth==young children are very well catered for with most rides offering baby swap so you all q up and when you reach the front a couple stay off the ride with baby and the others ride-then you swap-my older ones love this system as they always seem to go on twice!
    Why 2 animal parks? Busch is far superior for seeing animals in my opinion but is a full day out. Others will disagree.

Consider Islands of Adventure-your girls at that age will love it there is far more there than big scary rides-consider dropping Kennedy, unless your girls are seriously into space they will be bored.
    When it comes to tickets this site has excellent prices and first rate customer service-they also have a ticket choosing wizard set up that gives you the best combination-
    Finally (for now) enjoy these moments-I find planning and deciding almost as good as being there![msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    my kids always loved Kennedy...one is a girl...but I would put it at the end of your week....

Florida Expert
    I personally would just go for the Disney tickets and perhaps Sea World which included Aquatica and leave the other places for another visit. Don't forget if you stay in a villa you will have a pool to enjoy and i am sure you may want to do some shopping. Theme Parks can be tiring whatever the age so you will need some days off

Hi

Imho I would take Busch Gardens over Animal Kingdom any day of the week, a lot less busy and a lot more to see. I agree with Albert about Kennedy, I was in my element there but all the children were REALLY bored.
    Wendy

I would also book a character meal, it's a great way for the kids to fill their autograph books without queueing in the park. The older ones might think they're too grown up but they have the excuse of doing it 'for the baby' [msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Hi

Please don't overload yourself with things to do - you could come back feeling like you need a holiday. To get the most form the theme parks it is best to get there at opening time so it migth be nice to plan to do something major every other day so that you get some chill out time.
    If however you believe this will be your one and only trip to Florida then pack in as much as you can, but generaly once you have been you get bitten by the bug and want to return.
    I'm not sure how tall your 9 year old is so you could find that Universal and IOA have rides they cant get on - and maybe 1 or 2 at Busch. They will be able to get on all the Disney rides.
    Personally I would limit myself to Disney plus Seaworld, Busch and Aquatica for this trip. If you do KSC do it at a weekend as it does not get anu busier unlike the theme parks which alwats seem to be busier at the weekends in my Opinion.
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    OK Many thanks for the suggestions - I myself would love Kennedy - and I know one of the girls would too - a tom boy and loves her Doctor Who and sci-fi.

I also will probably go with the suggestion about going to Busch Gardens first - and if we have any time left may make a trip to the Animal Kingdom - but so much to fit in we'll wait and see.

We're planning on visiting two places and then having a day at the Villa - 2 days out etc. But then I guess that might be even too much going out! Somedays we were planning on going a little more local - i.e. Gatorland or something small for half a day.

Also in the middle of our holiday is my partners birthday - not sure what we're going to do!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I would make sure if you are doing disney you make room for MGM (disney hollywood studios). Its an excellent park and well worth the visit!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Me and my daughter did all the parks last year and found it a bit of a marathon..and she is 29..

But then again we took my son and daughter many moons ago while I was recovering from a broken neck..and we did 12 hour days with a 4 year old..we did that everyday for 14 days..how I'll never know..you just get into the spirit and time and being tired just goes away..I found I did more when I took my 18 month old Grandson the other year...kids keep you going..