Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it cooler than usual?

Florida Chatterbox
    Well it's still not great. It got sunny on Friday and this lasted until Saturday. The forecast for today was around 80 with a mixture of sun and cloud. In reality there's no mixture, just low cloud and heavy rain. Instead of 80, we have 68.

In short, rotten weather.

Trust me, in weather like this, you do not want to be here.

Florida Junior
    booooo rain all day today! with thunderstorms. Weather is variable for the next few days but supposed to be warmer mid week, think next time if we come back to Florida we'll leave it till later in the year when Sun is guaranteed!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have stopped going Jan and Feb because frankly the weather is just not warm enough for me, but certainly by mid- March the weather has always been OK - until this year!!

Florida Junior
    Don't they call it 'sods law??' we have saved up long and hard for this holiday and so far the sun tan lotion is sitting on the side unopened!

Florida Newbie
    I agree with robert5988 that it is better to go at a time when it is more likely to be warm as nothing worse than going on holiday to find the weather the same as we get in the UK

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sparkymarky
    I agree with robert5988 that it is better to go at a time when it is more likely to be warm as nothing worse than going on holiday to find the weather the same as we get in the UK[/quote]I don't think Robert said the weather in Florida was the same as we get in the UK, just that he'd prefer to spend two months in the UK being colder. [msnwink]
    blott

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We were in Florida late January and most of February, yes it was colder than we had hoped and expected but still much warmer than it would have been at home.
    Lyn

In the past I've had some great trips in the early part of the year. Of course it was cooler at night time, but throughout the days it was very much shorts and t-shirt weather.

It has been an exceptional year this year weather wise, globally it seems, but I wouldn't necessarily ignore Jan, Feb and indeed March for the future, as the upside is that the parks and attractions are so much easier to navigate during these off peak months.

Chris & Peter

Florida Expert
    The warm up is on it's way mid week according to bay news 9.
    hopefully getting up to normal temp.

sue

Florida Chatterbox
    It seems like the weather has been odd everywhere this year. Here in Shanghai, it would normally be quite warm by now, but it is fluctuation between 5c and 25c from one day to the next. Personally we love Florida in Feb / early March. Nice bright warm days, slightly cooler evenings, but no oppressive humidity and queues at the parks. The intense heat and humidity, the one summer we went, really ruined the experience for us.

i would have been disappointed if we went at our usual time this year though as the weather looked pretty bleak and not want you want or expect from the Sunshine state.

I guess it is not whether it is different to where you come from, but different to your expectations and dreams. A few degrees warmer makes no difference at all if you were expecting sun and warmth.