Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we take.....

I always take cereal and have not put it on the form. I have had my cases searched more than enough and no one ever reprimanded me for not having put it on the form. We also take wash tablets and have no problems with them disolving.

Sandra

Florida Savvy
    I take washing powder 2 in 1 tablets aswell and crumble them into the machine they work fine plus they are easier to carry in your case rather than the loose powder stuff! I also take PG tips (cant beat a good cuppa...and im a huge coffee fan but i LOVE the choice of coffee in the states i always bring lots of their coffee home [msnsmile2])
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    I have taken cereal, t bags, instant coffee, and dishwasher tablets, I don't take washing powder because they usually aren't automatic washing machines and the washing powder/liquid is really cheap and they do it in very small quantities although I tend to wash things most days so use quite a bit while we are away.

Florida Chatterbox
    Personally I would reconsider bringing any of those things as the last thing you want to do is spend any undue time with the immigration people, you are only there for 2 weeks and in florida, every second, every minute is precious, plus you taking up space in suitcase.

Basically, we have been going to florida for such a long time, that we adapt to all things orlando, from the food to the weather, all part of the experience.

Florida Junior
    we have never taken anything and just bought once there. we found its not that expensive. I agree with the comments above, its not worth the hassle but if I had to take anything it would be teabags, can't beat a good brew.

Florida Expert
    I always take tea bags, Marmite and usually a couple of washing tablets for the first day, I also know of someone that takes their own dishwasher tabs as well.

As mentioned earlier, the dollar stores sell lots of things that are smaller than the supermarket sizes. Also if you go into the Walgreens, CVS and garage stores they tend to have smaller packs of everything too.
    Mary

Florida Chatterbox
    You may find the villa you are going to has left you a small basket with items like these for the first few days, our managment team leave Some English T bags some nescafe coffee sticks, sugar sachets and whitener 3or4 dishwasher tabs and a mini pack of soap powder enough to do the first 2 washes.

I also agree just buy when you get there, in saying that I always take a small box of Scottish Blend T bags and no there T tastes the same

Florida Expert
    Last 2 places i've stayed at have been well stocked with coffee, tea bags, dishwasher powder, washing powder etc as the management company hasn't thrown them out when previous guests have left.

I just couldn't be bothered carrying all that sort of stuff with me. I have managed to buy PG tips tea and most of the other things that have been mentioned. When we were out last time, we needed to replenish the Cornflakes in the middle of the last week and found a small packet of Kellog's in Walgreen for $1. Food is cheaper than at home so why carry excess stuff with you.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Food is cheaper than at home [/quote]

It is WHAT?